Uttarakhand Avalanche: 16 out of 57 trapped workers rescued so far, operation underway

Of the 57 trapped Border Roads Organisation (BRO) construction workers, 16 have been rescued till now, after a massive avalanche struck near Mana village in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district, the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) said on Friday.
Here’s how police nabbed Pune bus rape accused and arrested him in Shirur’s paddy field, check all details

The accused, Dattatray Ramdas Gade, was apprehended from a paddy field following an extensive search operation with the help of drones and sniffer dogs around midnight in Shirur tehsil.
How to secure an education loan without collateral for studying abroad

Securing an education loan without collateral is straightforward when broken down into manageable steps. From registering on a platform to submitting documents, each stage builds toward funding an international education.
Mahakumbh Mela 2025 concludes: Know when and where is next Kumbh Mela

The grand Mahakumbh Mela, held in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj, concluded with the ‘Antim Snan’ on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
Bills introduced a year after state’s largest blaze seek to limit wildfires

Among the proposals is a bill that would force more inspections of power lines, which a committee concluded ignited a blaze that burned more than 1 million acres last year.
Texas leaders quiet amid the biggest measles outbreak in decades
Declining vaccination rates, decreasing trust in government and a political unwillingness to endorse vaccines is shaping Texas’ measles response.
Months after Atul Subhash case, man ends life after alleging wife’s affair, leaves heartbreaking video message

An IT employee in Agra died by suicide, leaving a video accusing his wife of infidelity, while she denied the claims and blamed his alcohol addiction.
How Maha Kumbh space looks like now? WATCH

The 45-day-long Mahakumbh Mela, held in Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj, culminated with ‘Antim Snan’ on the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri, i.e., February 26.
AAP leader, UPSC mentor Awadh Ojha’s car wheels stolen, know what he has to say

AAP leader Awadh Ojha’s car wheels were stolen in Delhi’s Patparganj in broad daylight; he shared a viral video questioning law and order.
Former defense secretaries condemn Trump’s firing of senior military officials in scathing letter

Five former defense secretaries issued a scathing letter on Thursday assailing President Donald Trump for firing the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other senior officers. In an open letter published Thursday, former Defense Secretaries James Mattis, Leon Panetta, Lloyd Austin, Chuck Hagel, and William Perry urged Congress to hold immediate hearings on Trump’s recent firings of Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. CQ Brown and several other senior military leaders. They said senators should “refuse to confirm” any new DOD nominations in response to the firings. TRUMP ACCEPTS SECOND STATE VISIT TO UK, REVEALS LETTER FROM KING CHARLES In the letter, they alleged that Trump’s actions undermined “our all-volunteer force and weaken our national security” and they accused the president of trying to turn the apolitical U.S. military into an instrument of partisan politics and using firings, which extend to the top Army, Navy and Air Force lawyers, to do so. All defense secretaries but one, James Mattis, served under Democratic administrations. TRUMP SAYS ‘I CAN’T BELIEVE I SAID THAT’ WHEN ASKED IF HE STILL THINKS ZELENSKYY IS A DICTATOR Trump announced the firings late on Friday, but his administration has yet to clarify in any detail what caused the unprecedented shakeup, which also included the dismissal of the head of the Navy, Admiral Lisa Franchetti, the first female officer to lead a military service. Air Force General C.Q. Brown was only the second Black officer to become Joint Chiefs chairman and he was less than halfway through his four-year term when he was let go. “Mr. Trump’s dismissals raise troubling questions about the administration’s desire to politicize the military,” they wrote. “We, like many Americans – including many troops – are therefore left to conclude that these leaders are being fired for purely partisan reasons.” Fox News Digital has reached out to the White House for comment on the letter. The former defense secretaries called on Congress to hold hearings to “assess the national security implications” of Trump’s dismissals. Republicans hold a majority in both chambers. The letter cautioned that the actions at the Pentagon could deter Americans from choosing a life in the military, should their careers be judged through the lens of partisan politics. It could also have a chilling effect on speaking “truth to power,” they cautioned. “We write to urge the U.S. Congress to hold Mr. Trump to account for these reckless actions and to exercise fully its Constitutional oversight responsibilities,” they wrote. Fox News’ Liz Friden and Reuters contributed to this report.