Republican Rep. Joe Wilson announces plan to propose $250 bill featuring Trump

Rep. Joe Wilson, R- S.C., announced that he plans to put forward a proposal for the development of a $250 bill that features President Donald Trump. “Grateful to announce that I am drafting legislation to direct the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to design a $250 bill featuring Donald J. Trump,” the congressman declared in a post on X. “Bidenflation has destroyed the economy forcing American families to carry more cash. Most valuable bill for most valuable President!” he added. REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN CALLS ON INCOMING ADMINISTRATION TO TARGET ‘THE AXIS OF AGGRESSORS’ Current U.S. law indicates that only the portrait of a dead person may appear on U.S. currency and securities. Wilson, who has served in the House of Representatives for more than two decades, is not the only GOP lawmaker who wants to honor the current president. Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., put forward a measure last month that calls for Trump’s likeness to be added to Mount Rushmore. TULSI GABBARD GIVES EXCLUSIVE GLIMPSE OF TRUMP’S FIRST CABINET MEETING “The Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Director of the National Park Service, shall arrange for the carving of the figure of President Donald J. Trump on Mount Rushmore National Memorial,” the text of her proposal reads. The four presidents featured on Mount Rushmore include George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln. “President Trump’s bold leadership and steadfast dedication to America’s greatness have cemented his place in history. Mount Rushmore, a timeless symbol of our nation’s freedom and strength, deserves to reflect his towering legacy—a legacy further solidified by the powerful start to his second term,” Luna said, according to a press release. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY, OCTOBER 4, 1927, MOUNT RUSHMORE’S MOMENT OF CREATION BEGINS IN SOUTH DAKOTA CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP “He will be forever remembered among the great like Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt,” she declared.
Dem support carries Trump’s pro-union labor pick past key vote

President Donald Trump‘s nominee for labor secretary cleared a key vote before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) on Thursday morning after picking up Democratic support from Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H. Lori Chavez-DeRemer was reported favorably out of the committee by a bipartisan vote of 13-9. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., ultimately voted against her, despite her attempts to clarify her past support for the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act during her hearing. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, did not vote. In addition to Hassan, Democratic Sens. John Hickenloopers, D-Colo., and Tim Kaines, D-Va., voted to advance Chavez-DeRemer. Her history of PRO Act backing seemed to jeopardize her confirmation odds last week, when Paul said he would not vote for her if she continued to support it. Paul’s reluctance meant Chavez-DeRemer would likely need some Democrats’ support to pass the key confirmation hurdle. Hassan’s support, as a Democrat on the HELP Committee, was a breakthrough for Chavez-DeRemer’s chances. “The Department of Labor plays an integral role in supporting workers and small businesses alike, and after hearing significant support from constituents, including members of labor unions in New Hampshire, I will support Representative Chavez-DeRemer’s nomination as Secretary of Labor,” Hassan shared in a statement to Fox News Digital. TRUMP’S NOMINEE FOR LABOR SECRETARY WALKS BACK SUPPORT FOR PRO ACT, EMBRACES REPUBLICAN RIGHT-TO-WORK LAWS Hassan admitted that she “may not agree on everything” with Chavez-DeRemer, but she is “qualified” to serve and earned “significant support” from New Hampshire voters. SENATE CONFIRMS TRUMP NOMINEE JAMIESON GREER AS US TRADE REPRESENTATIVE “Though we may not agree on everything, after meeting with Representative Chavez-DeRemer and listening to her testimony during her confirmation hearing, I believe that she is qualified to serve as the next secretary of labor, and I look forward to working with her to support New Hampshire’s workers and small businesses,” Hassan added. Chavez-DeRemer supported the PRO Act as a representative for Oregon’s 5th Congressional District but told senators during her confirmation hearing that she no longer supports overturning Republican-supported right-to-work laws under the PRO Act. The PRO Act would effectively kill state-level laws that prevent employers and unions from requiring workers to pay union dues as a condition of their employment. Republicans oppose the PRO Act for overturning right-to-work laws. Chavez-DeRemer went into the committee vote without Paul’s voting plan publicly known. But, going in with Hassan’s support, Chavez-DeRemer was much less likely to be reliant on Paul to be reported favorably out of the committee. “If she wanted to make a public statement saying that her support for the PRO Act was incorrect and she no longer does, then I’d think about her nomination,” Paul told Fox News Digital in a statement ahead of Chavez-DeRemer’s hearing. “So you no longer support the aspect of the PRO Act that would have overturned state right-to-work laws?” Paul asked during the hearing. “Yes, sir,” she replied. Paul’s office did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on how he would vote in committee, however. Chavez-DeRemer testified before the HELP Committee on Feb. 19. Once reported out of committee, Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., can file a motion to end Senate floor debate on the nominee, triggering a later cloture vote. Once the debate is closed, senators will cast their final confirmation vote. During her hearing, Chavez-DeRemer advocated for trade school investments to expand “educational pathways beyond the traditional four-year degree” to strengthen the American workforce. She said she is committed to leveling the playing field for American businesses, workers and unions. Chavez-DeRemer also thanked Trump and credited him with the “single greatest political achievement of our time” in building a “new coalition of working-class Americans.” “President Trump has united a new coalition of working-class Americans like never before. With 59.6% of Teamsters backing him, historic support from African-American and Latino voters, and record-breaking turnout in once-solid blue cities and states, Americans are speaking loud and clear. They are calling for action, progress and leadership that puts the American worker first,” Chavez-DeRemer said. Trump nominated Chavez-DeRemer for secretary of labor less than three weeks after he was elected president. “Lori has worked tirelessly with both Business and Labor to build America’s workforce, and support the hardworking men and women of America,” Trump wrote. “I look forward to working with her to create tremendous opportunity for American Workers, to expand training and apprenticeships, to grow wages and improve working conditions, to bring back our manufacturing jobs. Together, we will achieve historic cooperation between Business and Labor that will restore the American Dream for Working Families,” he added.
Dem support likely to push Trump’s pro-union labor pick past key vote

President Donald Trump‘s nominee for labor secretary is expected to pass a key vote before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) on Thursday after picking up Democrat support from Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H. Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s past support for the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act jeopardized her confirmation last week, when Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said he would not vote for her if she continued to support the PRO Act. Paul’s reluctance meant Chavez-DeRemer would likely need a Democrat’s vote to pass a key confirmation hurdle. Hassan’s support, as a Democrat on the HELP Committee, all but confirms Chavez-DeRemer will pass through her committee vote. “The Department of Labor plays an integral role in supporting workers and small businesses alike, and after hearing significant support from constituents, including members of labor unions in New Hampshire, I will support Representative Chavez-DeRemer’s nomination as Secretary of Labor,” Hassan shared in a statement to Fox News Digital. TRUMP’S NOMINEE FOR LABOR SECRETARY WALKS BACK SUPPORT FOR PRO ACT, EMBRACES REPUBLICAN RIGHT-TO-WORK LAWS Hassan admitted that she “may not agree on everything” with Chavez-DeRemer, but she is “qualified” to serve and earned “significant support” from New Hampshire voters. SENATE CONFIRMS TRUMP NOMINEE JAMIESON GREER AS US TRADE REPRESENTATIVE “Though we may not agree on everything, after meeting with Representative Chavez-DeRemer and listening to her testimony during her confirmation hearing, I believe that she is qualified to serve as the next secretary of labor, and I look forward to working with her to support New Hampshire’s workers and small businesses,” Hassan added. Chavez-DeRemer supported the PRO Act as a representative for Oregon’s 5th Congressional District but told senators during her confirmation hearing that she no longer supports overturning Republican-supported right-to-work laws under the PRO Act. The PRO Act would effectively kill state-level laws that prevent employers and unions from requiring workers to pay union dues as a condition of their employment. Republicans oppose the PRO Act for overturning right-to-work laws. Chavez-DeRemer could still earn back Paul’s vote after she distanced herself from the PRO Act during her Senate hearing. With Hassan’s support, Chavez-DeRemer is no longer reliant on Paul for confirmation. “If she wanted to make a public statement saying that her support for the PRO Act was incorrect and she no longer does, then I’d think about her nomination,” Paul told Fox News Digital in a statement ahead of Chavez-DeRemer’s hearing. “So you no longer support the aspect of the PRO Act that would have overturned state right-to-work laws?” Paul asked during the hearing. “Yes, sir,” she replied. Paul’s office did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment on how he will vote in committee today. Chavez-DeRemer testified before the HELP Committee on Feb. 19. If the committee votes to send Chavez-DeRemer’s nomination before the full Senate, Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., can file a motion to end Senate floor debate on the nominee, triggering a cloture vote to halt deliberations. Once debate closes, senators cast their final confirmation vote. During her hearing, Chavez-DeRemer advocated for trade school investments to expand “educational pathways beyond the traditional four-year degree” to strengthen the American workforce. She said she is committed to leveling the playing field for American businesses, workers and unions. Chavez-DeRemer also thanked Trump and credited him with the “single greatest political achievement of our time” in building a “new coalition of working-class Americans.” “President Trump has united a new coalition of working-class Americans like never before. With 59.6% of Teamsters backing him, historic support from African-American and Latino voters, and record-breaking turnout in once-solid blue cities and states, Americans are speaking loud and clear. They are calling for action, progress and leadership that puts the American worker first,” Chavez-DeRemer said. Trump nominated Chavez-DeRemer for secretary of labor less than three weeks after he was elected president. “Lori has worked tirelessly with both Business and Labor to build America’s workforce, and support the hardworking men and women of America,” Trump wrote. “I look forward to working with her to create tremendous opportunity for American Workers, to expand training and apprenticeships, to grow wages and improve working conditions, to bring back our manufacturing jobs. Together, we will achieve historic cooperation between Business and Labor that will restore the American Dream for Working Families,” he added.
Trump’s ‘gold card’ visa could invite fraud, national security risks: expert

President Donald Trump’s plan to offer a “gold card” visa to those willing to shell out $5 million could raise new fraud and national security risks, according to one expert. “Any immigration benefit draws fraud … people are willing to do anything and say just about anything to come to the U.S.,” Lora Ries, director of the Heritage Foundation’s Border Security and Immigration Center, told Fox News Digital. The comments come after Trump announced Tuesday a plan that would give those willing to pay $5 million for a “gold card” lawful permanent U.S. residency status and a pathway to citizenship, which the president argued would lead to several economic benefits. “They’ll be wealthy, and they’ll be successful,” Trump told reporters from the Oval Office on Tuesday. “They’ll be spending a lot of money and paying a lot of taxes and employing a lot of people, and we think it’s going to be extremely successful.” TRUMP TO INTRODUCE ‘GOLD CARD’ VISA FOR WEALTHY INVESTORS WITH $5 MILLION PRICE TAG: ‘ROUTE TO CITIZENSHIP’ Trump doubled down on those comments Wednesday while also telling reporters that the program would be a way to pay down some of the national debt. “Companies can go and buy a gold card, and they can use it as a matter of recruitment,” Trump said. “At the same time, the company is using that money to pay down debt. We’re going to pay down a lot of debt with that.” But while Ries acknowledged that she understands the goals behind the program, she expressed skepticism that applicants could be vetted well enough to prevent the kind of fraud currently seen in the similar EB-5 visa program, which Trump’s gold card would replace. “Fraud is rarely detected, let alone enforced … so it’s low risk, high reward to commit immigration benefit fraud,” Ries said, adding that even Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick admitted to the widespread fraud plaguing the EB-5 program. TRUMP’S LATEST MOVES SIGNALS MOST ‘HAWKISH’ APPROACH ON CHINA YET: EXPERT “So the question is: How is this going to be different,” Ries said. “It raised the price from a million to 5 million, but how are we going to prevent the fraud? Are you just inviting wealthier fraudsters and corrupt people to exploit this?” Ries also raised concerns about the potential national security implications of the program, arguing that many of the applications are likely to originate from countries that are not exactly friendly to the United States. “Who can afford this? What countries have many people who can afford this,” Ries said. “Russia, China … you’re going to get Gulf countries, but China is not exactly our ally – some Russians, the same boat.” Ries said the key will be the system used to vet potential applicants, details of which have yet to be revealed by the Trump administration. “It’s going to need thorough vetting for national security concerns, espionage and corruption,” Ries said. “That’s going to be very, very important.” The White House did not immediately respond to a Fox News Digital request for comment.
Kanpur MP Ramesh Awasthi’s dedicated efforts for Kumbh 2025 earn widespread praise

Kanpur/Prayagraj: The grand Mahakumbh 2025 is coming to an end following the last royal bath on Maha Shivratri. Over the past 45 days, millions of devotees from across the country have participated in this sacred event, making it one of the largest religious gatherings in the world.
PM Modi calls Maha Kumbh ‘Maha Yagya of Unity’, says ‘there is no comparison…’

The PM said the Kumbh is now the subject of study for management professionals of the modern era, for planning and policy experts.
Pune bus rape: Who is Dattatraya Ramdas Gade? History-sheeter and accused out on bail since 2019 for another case

The accused, Dattatraya Ramdas Gade, is a history-sheeter with multiple criminal cases against him
Chief Justice John Roberts pauses judge’s order for Trump admin to pay foreign aid contractors by midnight

U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts on Wednesday paused a federal judge’s order that required the Trump administration to pay around $2 billion in foreign aid funds to contractors by midnight. The ruling comes after the Trump administration asked the Supreme Court for an emergency order to block the release of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funding, which the federal judge had required by midnight. Officials had said they would not be able to comply with the judge’s order. The Trump administration said U.S. District Judge Amir H. Ali’s order had created “an untenable payment plan at odds with the President’s obligations under Article II to protect the integrity of the federal fisc and make appropriate judgements(sic) about foreign aid – clear forms of irreparable harm.” Any response from the groups that are fighting the Trump administration is due before Friday at 12 p.m., meaning the pause could potentially be relatively short-lived. USAID INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIRED EMPLOYEES GIVES THEM 15 MINUTES TO GATHER BELONGINGS FROM SHUTTERED DC BUILDING The Trump administration said it was eliminating more than 90% of USAID’s foreign aid contracts and $60 billion in overall U.S. assistance around the world, putting numbers on its plans to eliminate the majority of U.S. development and humanitarian help abroad. The cuts detailed by the administration would leave few surviving USAID projects for advocates to try to save in what are ongoing court battles with the administration. Wednesday’s disclosures also give an idea of the scale of the administration’s retreat from U.S. aid and development assistance overseas, and from decades of policy that foreign aid helps American interests by stabilizing other countries and economies and building alliances. TRUMP ADMIN TO SLASH 1,600 USAID POSITIONS JUST BEFORE MIDNIGHT The memo said officials were “clearing significant waste stemming from decades of institutional drift.” More changes are planned in how USAID and the State Department deliver foreign assistance, it said, “to use taxpayer dollars wisely to advance American interests.” President Donald Trump and ally Elon Musk have hit foreign aid harder and faster than almost any other target in their push to cut the size of the federal government. Both men say USAID projects advance a liberal agenda and are a waste of money. The administration has filed an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court in one other case so far, arguing that a lower court was wrong to reinstate the head of a federal watchdog agency after Trump fired him. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Investigations into the Texas Lottery grow after courier controversy

AG Ken Paxton’s office joins two other investigations by state officials into the commission as one service suspends operations due to the agency’s ban.
Delhi Weather Update: Delhi-NCR witnesses rain with thunderstorms, AQI remains in ‘poor’ category, IMD predicts maximum temperature to drop…

Delhi’s air quality remained in the ‘poor’ category on Thursday, despite several days of moderate air quality. The Air Quality Index (AQI) stood at 260 on February 27, as per the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).