ICE officers face criminal probe for alleged ‘untruthful statements’ under oath about Minneapolis shooting

Two Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers are under criminal investigation after federal prosecutors moved to dismiss felony assault charges against Venezuelan nationals from a January shooting in Minneapolis. ICE Director Todd Lyons said Friday that newly reviewed video evidence suggests the officers may have made “untruthful statements” under oath about the Jan. 14 confrontation, during which a Venezuelan national was shot, The Associated Press reported. The officers have been placed on administrative leave and could face termination and possible criminal prosecution, according to Lyons and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin. MINNESOTA POLICE CHIEFS ALLEGE SOME ICE AGENTS RACIALLY PROFILED US CITIZENS, INCLUDING OFF-DUTY OFFICERS “A joint review by ICE and the Department of Justice (DOJ) of video evidence has revealed that sworn testimony provided by two separate officers appears to have made untruthful statements,” McLaughlin told Fox News Digital in an email. “Both officers have been immediately placed on administrative leave pending the completion of a thorough internal investigation. “Lying under oath is a serious federal offense. The U.S. Attorney’s Office is actively investigating these false statements,” McLaughlin added. “Upon conclusion of the investigation, the officers may face termination of employment, as well as potential criminal prosecution. The men and women of ICE are entrusted with upholding the rule of law and are held to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and ethical conduct. Violations of this sacred sworn oath will not be tolerated.” The case centered on Alfredo Alejandro Aljorna and Julio Cesar Sosa-Celis, two Venezuelan nationals initially accused of attacking an ICE officer during what authorities described as a targeted traffic stop. U.S. Attorney Daniel N. Rosen moved to dismiss the charges, citing “newly discovered evidence” that was “materially inconsistent” with allegations outlined in the criminal complaint and earlier court testimony. A federal judge granted the motion on Friday. In court, video footage and witness testimony reportedly failed to support claims that the ICE agent had been assaulted with a shovel and broom, according to the AP. JUDGE BLOCKS TRUMP ADMIN FROM ‘DESTROYING OR ALTERING’ EVIDENCE IN DEADLY MINNEAPOLIS SHOOTING According to a previous announcement from DHS, officers attempted to arrest Sosa-Celis Jan. 14 when he allegedly fled in his vehicle, crashed into a parked car and ran on foot. DHS said at the time that an agent caught up with him and that Sosa-Celis resisted and assaulted him. The agency alleged that two additional men — Aljorna and Gabriel Alejandro Hernandez-Ledezma — then struck the officer with a snow shovel and broom handle before the agent fired a shot, striking Sosa-Celis in the leg. All three men were taken into custody after retreating into an apartment, and both the officer and Sosa-Celis were hospitalized, according to authorities. FEDERAL JUDGE BACKS AWAY FROM THREAT TO HOLD ICE LEADER IN CONTEMPT The officers’ names were not released. It remains unclear whether the Venezuelan nationals could face possible deportation. Fox News Digital’s Michael Dorgan and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Trump trounces Biden energy records in just months as admin celebrates 1 year of ‘historic gains’: data

FIRST ON FOX: The White House on Saturday marked the one-year anniversary of President Donald Trump’s National Energy Dominance Council by drawing a sharp contrast with the Biden-era, including Interior Secretary Doug Burgum citing higher production and lower gas prices as proof of “real savings” for Americans. “Under the President’s leadership and through the Council’s relentless execution, we have delivered historic gains in energy production, affordability, and security,” Interior Secretary Doug Burgum, chair of the National Energy Dominance Council, told Fox News Digital. “Gasoline prices have fallen to some of the lowest levels in years, permitting has been streamlined, and American energy exports are surging,” he added. “These achievements are not abstract, they mean real savings for families, farmers, and small businesses, and they are strengthening our position on the world stage.” Trump signed an executive order creating the National Energy Dominance Council on Feb. 14, 2025, which was tasked with cutting red tape and coordinating agencies to boost U.S. energy production, speed up permitting approvals, expand exports and deliver a national “energy dominance” strategy. TRUMP DIRECTS MILITARY TO STRIKE NEW DEALS WITH COAL-FIRED POWER PLANTS: ‘GOING TO BE BUYING A LOT OF COAL’ A year later, the administration pointed to a series of metrics showing the U.S. has accelerated past Biden-era data on production — while driving down energy costs that ripple through household budgets, from gas and heating to shipping and groceries. U.S. crude oil production, for example, reached a record 13.6 million barrels per day in 2025, with the White House calling it the highest output of any country in the world. In comparison, the Biden administration took four years for production to climb from 11.3 million to 13.2 million barrels per day, a figure “Trump blew past in months,” according to the White House. On the natural gas production front, the administration said the U.S. produced 110.1 billion cubic feet per day in November 2025, the highest level recorded since federal tracking began in 1973. All in, production is about 8% above the Biden-era average, and 4% above the previous record for U.S. natural gas production, according to the data. TRUMP ADMIN TO REPEAL OBAMA-ERA GREENHOUSE GAS FINDING IN LARGE-SCALE DEREGULATION While the U.S. has also widened its lead as the world’s top liquefied natural gas (LNG) exporter, with average LNG exports rising to 15 billion cubic feet per day in 2025, up from 11 under the Biden administration. “As we mark this anniversary, we reaffirm our commitment to advancing American Energy Dominance and ensuring that our nation’s energy abundance continues to power prosperity, security, and freedom for generations to come,” Burgum added in a comment to Fox News Digital. TRUMP TO HOST ‘CLEAN BEAUTIFUL COAL’ EVENT, CALLS IT AMERICA’S MOST RELIABLE ENERGY Lowering prices through an expanded energy grid was crucial to the executive order establishing the council itself, calling for “reliable and affordable energy production to drive down inflation, grow our economy, create good-paying jobs.” Energy has emerged as a key piece of the administration’s puzzle of addressing affordability concerns stemming from the Biden era when inflation hit a 40-year-high, as cheaper energy typically ripples through the economy by cutting transportation and shipping costs and lowering the power bills factories pay to make everything from groceries to building materials. The White House cast cheaper gas as a kitchen-table win this year, touting pump prices are about $2.90 a gallon, which is 16% below the Biden-era average and a roughly 42% drop from the $5.02 peak in June 2022. The administration celebrated that affordable energy benefits Americans from working families and rural communities, to small businesses and farmers who typically frequently drive farther for gas or those on a budget. Crude oil prices have fallen by roughly 18% in 2025, dropping to $65 a barrel from the $79 Biden-era average, according to the data. Environmental groups have meanwhile slammed Trump’s “energy dominance” push as a fossil-fuel expansion that undercuts climate goals and could increase pollution and impacts on public lands and communities. “One year ago, President Donald J. Trump launched the National Energy Dominance Council to restore America’s Energy Dominance and make life more affordable for hardworking families. Today, the results speak for themselves,” Burgum said of the data.
Collins boosts Republican voter ID effort, but won’t scrap filibuster

Senate Republicans gained a key ally in their quest to enshrine voter ID into law, but the lawmaker’s support comes with a condition. A trio of lawmakers, led by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, have undertaken a campaign to convince their colleagues to support the Safeguarding American Voter Eligibility (SAVE) America Act, working social media and closed-door meetings to secure the votes. The campaign has proven successful, with the cohort gaining a crucial vote from Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who announced that she would back the SAVE America Act, which recently passed the House. With Collins, Senate Republicans have at least a slim majority backing the act. HARDLINE CONSERVATIVES DOUBLE DOWN TO SAVE THE SAVE ACT “I support the version of the SAVE America Act that recently passed the House,” Collins said in a statement first reported by the Maine Wire. “The law is clear that in this country only American citizens are eligible to vote in federal elections.” “In addition, having people provide an ID at the polls, just as they have to do before boarding an airplane, checking into a hotel, or buying an alcoholic beverage, is a simple reform that will improve the security of our federal elections and will help give people more confidence in the results,” she continued. Collins noted that she did not support the previous version of the bill, known simply as the SAVE Act, because it “would have required people to prove their citizenship every single time they cast a ballot.” ONLY ONE HOUSE DEM VOTED IN FAVOR OF VOTER ID, PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP IN US ELECTIONS Her decision gives Lee and Senate Republicans the votes needed to clear a key procedural hurdle in the Senate. “We now have enough votes to pass a motion to proceed to the House-passed bill — even without any additional votes — with Vice President JD Vance breaking the tie,” Lee said in a post on X. That tie-breaking scenario would only present itself if Republicans turn to the standing, or talking, filibuster. It’s a move that Lee has been pushing his colleagues to make, and one that would require actual, physical debate over the bill. It’s the precursor to the current version of the filibuster, where the only hill lawmakers have to climb is acquiring 60 votes. Lee and other conservatives believe that if they turn to the standing filibuster, rather than the “zombie filibuster,” they can barrel through Democratic resistance. But some fear that turning to that tool could paralyze the Senate floor for weeks or even months, depending on Senate Democrats’ resolve. And Collins’ support is not enough to smash through the 60-vote Senate filibuster. MURKOWSKI BREAKS WITH GOP ON VOTER ID, SAYS PUSH ‘IS NOT HOW WE BUILD TRUST’ Complicating matters, Collins made clear that she does not support doing away with the filibuster, as do several other Senate Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader John Thune, R-S.D., who reiterated earlier this week that the GOP doesn’t have the votes to eliminate the legislative tool. “I oppose eliminating the legislative filibuster,” Collins said. “The filibuster is an important protection for the rights of the minority party that requires Senators to work together in the best interest of the country.” “Removing that protection would, for example, allow a future Congress controlled by Democrats to pass provisions on anything they want — D.C. statehood, open borders, or packing the Supreme Court — with just a simple majority of Senators,” she continued. GOP senators Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, and Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska, remain the only Republicans who have not pledged support for the SAVE Act.
Bangladeshi PM-in-waiting urges opposition to work with BNP

NewsFeed “In the interest of the country, we must remain united.” Bangladeshi Prime Minister-in-waiting Tarique Rahman urged opposition parties to work with the incoming BNP government after its landslide victory in the first elections since Sheikh Hasina’s ouster. Published On 14 Feb 202614 Feb 2026 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)
Deadly drone strikes cloud US-brokered Russia-Ukraine talks in Geneva

Listen to this article Listen to this article | 5 mins info A deadly exchange of drone strikes has killed one person in Ukraine and one in Russia and cast doubts on the prospects of a ceasefire before another round of negotiations to end the war next week. News of the deaths comes as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and US Secretary of State Marco Rubio signalled hurdles to reaching an agreement in Geneva as the conflict is about to enter its fifth year. Recommended Stories list of 4 itemsend of list Zelenskyy told world leaders at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday while he hopes “substantive” progress will be reached during the trilateral meeting next week, it often feels like the two sides “are talking about different things” in negotiations. “The Americans often return to the topic of concessions, and too often those concessions are discussed only in the context of Ukraine, not Russia,” Zelenskyy said. Rubio said it’s unclear if Moscow truly wants to make a peace deal. “We don’t know if the Russians are serious about ending the war,” he said before the same Munich event. “We’re going to continue to test it.” Among the most contentious issues in the negotiations is Russia’s demand for a full withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from the remaining parts of Ukraine’s eastern region of Donetsk that it still controls. Ukraine has rejected a unilateral pullback and wants Western security guarantees to deter Russia from relaunching its invasion if a ceasefire is reached. Rubio did not attend a Ukraine-focused meeting with European and NATO leaders held on the sidelines of the first day of the Munich conference on Friday, citing scheduling issues. In Munich on Saturday, Zelenskyy insisted Russia should not get away with its attack on Ukraine. He said he hoped the United States would stay involved in the peace negotiations and European countries would deepen their involvement. Advertisement Dutch Foreign Minister David van Weel told Al Jazeera while US President Donald Trump should be credited with moving talks forward, he should put more pressure on Russian President Vladimir Putin instead of Zelenskyy. “Putin has shown no goodwill to come to the table and make a serious deal. The Ukrainians are ready,” van Weel said. NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte, left, and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, centre, speak to journalist Christiane Amanpour at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday [Michael Probst/AP] Last week, Zelenskyy said the US had given the warring parties a June deadline to reach a deal, although Trump’s previous ultimatums have not resulted in a breakthrough. Two previous rounds of trilateral talks in Abu Dhabi, led by US envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, reportedly focused on military issues such as a possible buffer zone and ceasefire monitoring. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers and tens of thousands of civilians have been killed since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022, according to many estimates, making the war Europe’s deadliest since World War II. Russia is suffering “crazy losses” in Ukraine with about 65,000 soldiers killed on the battlefield over the last two months, NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte told the conference. Separately, Rutte told a media roundtable the NATO alliance is strong enough that Russia would not currently try to attack it. “We will win every fight with Russia if they attack us now, and we have to make sure in two, four, six years that same is still the case.” Among the latest casualties was an elderly woman killed on Saturday when a Russian drone hit a residential building in the Black Sea port city of Odesa, Ukraine’s State Emergency Service said. On Wednesday, Russian strikes also killed three children, including two-year-old twins and their father in the northeastern region of Kharkiv. In January alone, Russia launched more than 6,000 drone attacks against Ukraine, according to Zelenskyy. But he added Ukraine will soon produce enough interceptors to make Russia’s Iran-made Shahed drones “meaningless”. He also told the Munich conference that every power plant in Ukraine has been damaged in Russian attacks. In Russia, a civilian was killed in a Ukrainian drone strike on a car in the border region of Bryansk, Governor Alexander Bogomaz said. The attacks came a day after a Ukrainian missile strike on the Russian city of Belgorod near the border with Ukraine killed two people and wounded five, according to Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov. Advertisement Gladkov earlier said the attack also caused serious damage to energy facilities and electricity, heating and water supplies were cut off. Three apartment buildings in the city sustained damage, he said. Ukrainian member of parliament Oleksiy Goncharenko, meanwhile, accused Moscow of launching “energy terror” with attacks on electricity facilities in the heart of winter. “I can’t call it any other way because when it is minus 20 Celsius in Kyiv and you don’t have heating, you don’t have electricity in your apartment, you’re just freezing and that is awful,” Goncharenko told Al Jazeera in Munich. “I think it’s time for the United States to put real pressure on Russia. Yes, they are at the table, but it’s time to put real pressure to make them have real negotiations, because what we have today is not real negotiations.” Adblock test (Why?)
Rubio at Munich Security Conference: US wants Europe to be ‘strong’

NewsFeed US Secretary of State of Marco Rubio recalled the long-shared history between the US and Europe at this year’s Munich Security Conference, as he made it clear that Washington does not plan on abandoning the transatlantic alliance. Published On 14 Feb 202614 Feb 2026 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)
PM Modi inaugurates Northeast’s first emergency landing facility (ELF) in Assam’s Moran for quick landing, take-off of military jets; what are its features?

PM Modi made a historic landing at the Emergency Landing Facility (ELF) on Moran Bypass in Dibrugarh in Assam on Saturday. He inaugurated Northeast’s first emergency landing facility in Assam’s Moran, in the presence of Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma and Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
Indore HORROR: MBA student’s naked body found in flat; blackmailing, private photos, here’s what happened

A 24-year-old MBA student was found dead in her classmate’s rented house in Indore. Police suspect she was strangled by her boyfriend, who remains at large. Investigators are probing a dispute over money and private photos, with digital evidence under examination.
Delhi Khel Mahakumbh: CM Rekha Gupta inaugurates ‘Khelo Delhi’ event at Chhatrasal Stadium; Shikhar Dhawan, paralympic medalist Sharad Kumar chosen as brand ambassador

Chief Minister Rekha Gupta led Delhi government inaugurated Khelo Delhi- Delhi Khel Mahakumbh at Chhatrasal Stadium, aiming to provide a strong platform to young talent and promote a culture of sports in the Capital.The event is inspired by PM Modi’s vision and aligns Khelo India Mission and Fit India Movement, and an effort to inspire young people to participate in nationald and international sporting competitions and establishing Delhi as a strong sports hub.
Caught on Cam: Mumbai metro under-construction pillar crushes autorickshaw in Mulund; 1 dead, 3 injured

At least 4 injured after a portion of an under-construction metro pillar collapsed in Mumbai’s Mulund on Saturday afternoon at around 12:20 PM. The portion crashed onto a moving autorickshaw, and occupants of the rickshaw are injured.