US kills two people in attack on boat in eastern Pacific, one survivor

The US military says one person survived the strike on the vessel and that the coastguard has been notified. Listen to this article Listen to this article | 2 mins info Published On 10 Feb 202610 Feb 2026 Click here to share on social media share2 Share The United States military has attacked a boat in the eastern Pacific Ocean, killing two people, and notifying the US coastguard that one person survived the strike. The US Southern Command, which oversees military operations in Latin America and the Caribbean, said the “lethal kinetic strike” was carried out on Monday against a vessel, which it alleged was involved in drug trafficking without providing any evidence. Recommended Stories list of 4 itemsend of list “Two narco-terrorists were killed and one survived the strike. Following the engagement, US SOUTHCOM immediately notified U.S. Coast Guard to activate the Search and Rescue system for the survivor,” the military said. Last week, the US claimed responsibility for killing two people in an earlier attack in the eastern Pacific, bringing to three the number of attacks Washington has ordered on vessels since its forces abducted Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro during a bloody nighttime raid on the capital, Caracas, in early January. According to monitors and tallies kept by media organisations, the US has now carried out some 37 attacks against 39 vessels in the eastern Pacific and Caribbean Ocean, killing at least 130 people, including the latest killings on Monday. SOUTHCOM did not provide details on the medical condition of the survivor from Monday’s attack, nor the chances of the person’s rescue by the US coastguard and the likelihood of their survival. The US appears undeterred in carrying out its deadly operations in international waters off Latin America, despite legal scholars, rights workers and regional leaders accusing the US of extrajudicial killing by acting as the judge, jury and executioner in cases of people suspected of drug trafficking. Advertisement Officials in the administration of US President Donald Trump have already come under scrutiny for reports that the first such attack, which took place in September 2025, included a follow-up strike that killed survivors who were clinging to the wreckage of a boat. Legal experts said the US military committed a crime if it killed the survivors of a shipwreck . SOUTHCOM released a 10-second video of the air strike on Monday. In the video, a small, motorised boat can be seen in the military’s crosshairs before it is hit, triggering an explosion seconds later. Some of the boat’s structure appears to remain intact after the explosion, although the vessel slows down. Adblock test (Why?)
Delhi CM Rekha Gupta inaugurates CT scan, neuro ICU, other advanced facilities at GB Pant Hospital

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta along with Health Minister Pankaj Singh inaugurated a number of advanced medical facilities at GB Pant Hospital on Monday. These facilities include a state-of-the-art 256-slice CT scanner and more advanced facilities
Sharad Pawar health update: NCP founder developed chest congestion, undergoing treatment

Rohit Pawar, grandnephew of Sharad Pawar, said the senior leader had a hectic schedule over the past few days. “Over the past ten to twelve days, Sharad Pawar has had a very hectic schedule. Due to physical exhaustion and mild breathing discomfort, he was admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic.”
Uttar Pradesh: Noida airport busway nears completion, 22-lane road expected by year-end

The construction of the 27-kilometer-long busway is underway, with 17 kilometers already completed. The busway will have three-lane roads on either side, catering to the increasing traffic expected with the airport’s launch.
Fort Worth ISD loses appeal of state takeover, prompting a trustee’s resignation

The state education commissioner is clear to appoint new leadership after an administrative court ruled in favor of the Texas Education Agency.
Texas attorney general candidate says if he wins, he’d try to revoke Democratic leader Gene Wu’s citizenship

Aaron Reitz, who is running for Texas attorney general, issued the threat after an interview of Wu was shared online of him discussing non-white voting strength.
Amanda Edwards drops out of Houston race for 18th Congressional District

The Democrat’s announcement comes a week after she lost to Christian Menefee in a special election runoff for the seat that had been vacant since the death of Sylvester Turner.
Attorney general sues Bastrop factory after residents complain about noxious odors

The state’s environmental regulator has issued multiple environmental violations and the lawsuit states the company has failed to fix the problems.
“We are ready”: Ag Secretary Brooke Rollins says U.S., Texas ready to fight parasitic fly

The New World Screworm fly poses a billion-dollar threat to the state’s economy.
Appeals court backs Noem move to end TPS protections for Nepal, Honduras, Nicaragua

A federal appeals court in San Francisco granted a stay allowing the government to proceed with terminating Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for immigrants from Nepal, Honduras and Nicaragua. The reliably liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals issued an order freezing a lower court ruling that would have vacated Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kristi Noem’s decision to end the protections. The court found the government was likely to succeed on the grounds that the DHS decision was not “arbitrary or capricious,” suggesting that the decision-making process was rational. “The government is likely to prevail in its argument that the Secretary’s decision-making process in terminating TPS for Honduras, Nicaragua, and Nepal was not arbitrary and capricious,” court documents said. Last year, Noem sought to terminate refugee status for the three long-protected countries, arguing that under TPS, the government must check if the initial reasons for their protection still apply. Nepal, Honduras, and Nicaragua all originally received TPS protections due to specific environmental disasters. Nepal was designated in 2015 following a massive earthquake, while Honduras and Nicaragua received protections in 1999 after Hurricane Mitch. Noem’s chief spokeswoman, Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin, previously noted last August that TPS protections were always intended to be temporary. FED COURT OF APPEALS GRANTS TRUMP ADMIN PAUSE ON PROTECTIONS FOR 60K IMMIGRANTS Attorney General Pam Bondi praised the decision, saying it would allow the Trump administration to continue its immigration policies and deport certain immigrants. “This is a crucial legal win from @TheJusticeDept attorneys that helps clear the way for President Trump’s continued deportations,” she said. “As the court found, ‘the government is likely to prevail in its argument’ that ending Temporary Protected Status for some immigrants is sound and lawful policy. We are proud to represent the Trump Administration in court every day.” Noem’s ruling was previously challenged by the National TPS Alliance, who argued it was “arbitrary and capricious” and violated the Administrative Procedure Act. On December 31, 2025, a San Francisco district court judge sided with the plaintiffs and canceled Secretary Noem’s termination order. VENEZUELAN MIGRANTS, PROGRESSIVE GROUP SUE TRUMP ADMIN AFTER NOEM NIXES BIDEN-ERA ‘PROTECTED STATUS’ The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel assigned to the case included Judges Hawkins, Callahan and Miller. Judge Hawkins was appointed by Bill Clinton, Judge Callahan by George W. Bush and Judge Miller by President Donald Trump. While Judges Callahan and Miller appear to have authored the main analysis, Judge Hawkins wrote a separate concurring opinion. He agreed with the result based on recent Supreme Court guidance, but said he would not rule on the plaintiffs’ claims at this early stage. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP