Express Your Love This Raksha Bandhan With Unique Rakhi Gift Ideas For Brothers and Sisters

Raksha Bandhan is a special occasion that celebrates the beautiful bond between brothers and sisters. This year, make the festival even more memorable by choosing unique and thoughtful gifts that express your love and appreciation.
Top IVF Doctors in India

In recognition of the unwavering commitment to helping individuals and couples achieve their dream of parenthood, we take a moment to honour some of the foremost doctors in reproductive medicine and IVF.
Wayanad Landslides: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan refutes Amit Shah’s claim on giving calamity warning in advance

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday refuted Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s claim that the state government was warned as early as July 23 regarding a possible natural calamity in Wayanad due to heavy rains.
Nitin Gadkari reveals Delhi-Mumbai Expressway’s new completion date, to be ready by…

The corridor provides connectivity to major economic centers within Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Kerala landslides: What caused the deadly incident that claimed over 150 lives?

According to the landslide atlas released by ISRO’s National Remote Sensing Centre last year, 10 out of the 30 most landslide-prone districts in India were in Kerala.
In battle to define Harris, Trump hits Democratic coup, ad calls her ‘dangerously liberal’

Donald Trump and his allies keep talking about a coup. I don’t quite see what that gets them. It seems more an expression of frustration than anything else. The campaign spent two years preparing to run against Joe Biden, with frailty and mental acuity an overriding issue, and now they’ve got an energetic, 59-year-old vice president who has not been fully defined the way presidential nominees usually are by this point. THE ‘WEIRD’ CAMPAIGN: THE STUNNING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HARRIS AND VANCE COVERAGE In his interview with Laura Ingraham, Trump said: “They staged a coup against the President of the United States. They went in and they told him, you’re leaving. You’re way down in the polls, 17 points, I think. It’s like you’re in a fight with somebody, and you’re really winning, and they take him out and they put somebody else in. Nobody ever heard of this before. This is a coup.” Now I can understand the argument that 14 million people voted for Biden in the primaries and none for Harris — though she was on the ticket with him — and that they have been disenfranchised. Then the mainstream media and Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi, through increasingly blatant leaks, pressured Biden into stepping aside. But the reason it’s not a coup is that Harris, armed with the president’s endorsement, was the only candidate who emerged. Not one Democrat challenged her. Not Gretchen Whitmer, not Gavin Newsom, not Pete Buttigieg, not Josh Shapiro, not any of the other names that have been bandied about. Now that reflects in significant measure the worry about a backlash for passing over the first black woman and Asian-American woman to seek the presidency. Harris also deserves credit for assembling enough delegates to win in just 32 hours. So she ran unopposed. JD Vance, in a recording obtained by the Washington Post, told donors in Minnesota that the VP represented a unique challenge. KAMALA RIDES TSUNAMI OF POSITIVE PRESS, BUT SKEPTICS SEE A RISKY CHOICE “All of us were hit with a little bit of a political sucker punch,” Vance said. “The bad news is that Kamala Harris does not have the same baggage as Joe Biden, because whatever we might have to say, Kamala is a lot younger. And Kamala Harris is obviously not struggling in the same ways that Joe Biden did… “Let’s be honest, 10 days ago, the two candidates who were running for president, everybody had an opinion about ’em. Love ’em or hate ’em, everybody has an opinion about Donald Trump and Joe Biden after the past eight years. But Kamala Harris, people don’t really know.” Now that’s candor behind closed doors. It also underscores that the battle to define the vice president’s image over the next few weeks will make or break her candidacy. In his first ad since clinching the nomination, airing in battleground states, blames Harris for the mess at the border, with the tagline: “Failed. Weak. Dangerously liberal.” Vance has also had a rough rollout. CNN reports that he said several years ago: “We think babies are good because we’re not sociopaths… THE RACE TO DEFINE KAMALA HARRIS, AS PELOSI ENDORSES HER AND NO CHALLENGERS EMERGE “And the fact that so many people, especially in America’s leadership class, just don’t have that in their lives. “You know, I worry that it makes people more sociopathic and ultimately our whole country a little bit less, less mentally stable.” As for Twitter, “almost always, the people who are most deranged and most psychotic are people who don’t have kids at all.” As I’ve argued, the mainstream press seems far more interested in Vance’s history of controversial statements than in Harris’ past ultra-liberal stances, including promoting a bail fund for BLM rioters in 2020. The New York Times described her old clips and comments as “weaponization” by Republicans, as if the media don’t have an obligation to dig as well. In other news from the “Ingraham Angle” interview: –Trump made a false accusation against the president on classified documents. “Now, with Biden, he really was convicted of that case. He was let go of that case. And, by the way, you’re talking about many more [documents]. And he didn’t have the Presidential Records Act…They said he was incompetent and, therefore, he can’t stand trial, and yet he would have been allowed to be president.” Biden wouldn’t have to stand trial because special counsel Robert Hur declined to bring charges. He voluntarily contacted authorities upon realizing that he had many classified documents from his vice-presidential years and turned them over. Trump, who was indicted for withholding documents, boasted that the case had been thrown out – by the Florida judge he appointed, Aileen Cannon, who has made many rulings favoring him. That is being appealed. –He sent mixed signals on the debates, saying he will “probably” debate Harris, “but I can also make a case for not doing it.” –Trump cleaned up a furor over telling a Christian audience that they won’t have to vote in four years because he will have fixed everything. He said he was telling them “you never vote. This time, vote. I will straighten out the country. You won’t have to vote anymore. I won’t need your vote. You can go back to not voting.” –The former president said Harris “got rid of the laugh. I noticed I haven’t seen that crazy laugh that she’s got. She’s crazy. That laugh, that’s the laugh of a crazy person.” With less than 100 days to go, there may not be many laughs in what promises to be an ugly campaign.
Blinken says Gaza cease-fire is ‘imperative’ after killing of Hamas leader in Iran

Secretary of State Antony Blinken says it is “imperative” that there be a cease-fire in Gaza after the killing of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh in Iran. Blinken made the comments while speaking at a forum in Singapore on Wednesday. His comments came just hours after Haniyeh was in Tehran for Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian’s swearing-in on Tuesday. Pezeshkian was sworn in with chants of “Death to America, Israel.” “I have seen the reports. Nothing takes more importance than getting a cease fire. In the interest of putting things on a better path. We’ve been working since day one to stop[this war] from spreading,” he said. Iran has not provided any details on how Haniyeh was killed. The incident is under investigation. HAMAS LEADER ISMAIL HANIYEH REPORTEDLY ASSASSINATED Israel was immediately blamed for the assassination, but no party has taken responsibility for Haniyeh’s death as of Wednesday morning. IDF KILLS HEZBOLLAH COMMANDER BEHIND BRUTAL ATTACK ON CHILDREN’S SOCCER FIELD: OFFICIALS “The fact that such a high-ranking Hamas leader was assassinated on Iranian soil was an added bonus for Israel particularly directly after he participated in the inauguration ceremony of the new Islamic Republic president,” Lisa Daftari, Middle East analyst and editor-in-chief at The Foreign Desk, told Fox News. “It sends a clear message that Israel does not differentiate between the Islamic Republic and its proxies, Hamas and Hezbollah,” she added. HARRIS SAYS ISRAEL HAS RIGHT TO DEFEND ITSELF AS IRAN, RUSSIAN AND LEBANON CONDEMN IDF STRIKE ON HEZBOLLAH U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said the U.S. government would seek to ease tensions, but that it would help defend Israel if it were attacked. Hamas said Haniyeh was killed “in a Zionist airstrike on his residence in Tehran after he participated in the inauguration of Iran’s new president.” “Hamas declares to the great Palestinian people and the people of the Arab and Islamic nations and all the free people of the world, brother leader Ismail Haniyeh a martyr,” the statement said. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP Haniyeh left the Gaza Strip five years ago and was living in exile in Qatar. The top Hamas leader in Gaza is Yahya Sinwar, the mastermind behind the Oct. 7 terror attack on Israel. He remains alive. Fox News’ Landon Mion and Reuters contributed to this report
Pompeo slams White House after report about Iran’s election meddling: ‘Weakness and appeasement’

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called out the White House after a recent intelligence report found that Iran is trying to sabotage former President Trump’s presidential campaign, arguing that the Biden-Harris administration’s policy of “weakness and appeasement” strengthens Tehran. The findings were revealed during an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) press briefing on Monday. An official said that U.S. spy agencies “observed Tehran working to influence the presidential election,” likely because Iranian leaders want to avoid escalating any conflicts with the U.S. The regime is allegedly using “vast webs of online personas and propaganda mills,” to spread disinformation. Though the ODNI did not explicitly say that Iran was aiming at Trump, an official said they “haven’t observed a shift in Iran’s preferences” since 2020, meaning that Tehran was still targeting the Republican candidate. Speaking to Fox News Digital on Tuesday, Pompeo said that he was not surprised by Iran’s attempts to influence the election. The Fox News contributor explained that Iran was “isolated, broke, and weak,” when he left office in January 2021 — and accused the Biden administration of enabling the Iranian regime. IRAN TRYING TO SABOTAGE TRUMP’S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN: US INTELLIGENCE “It is not surprising that the Iranian regime would want to do everything in its power to prevent a second Trump administration,” Pompeo said. “The Biden-Harris administration, on the other hand, has pursued a program of weakness and appeasement, and Iran is flush with cash and powerful once more as a result. The former Secretary of State also said that Tehran “despises” American values and expects them to continue interfering with the 2024 presidential election. “It will do everything it can to meddle in our democracy to support Kamala Harris, who will continue the same policies of weakness and keep the regime rich and powerful,” Pompeo added. On Monday, the Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran denied the interference allegations. TRUMP ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT: SENATE GRILLS SECRET SERVICE, FBI OFFICIALS “Iran does not engage in any objectives or activities intended to influence the U.S. election,” a spokesperson said. “A significant portion of such accusations are characterized by psychological operations designed to artificially pep up election campaigns.” Tehran has also been accused of a separate plot to kill Trump on July 13, after a gunman shot the former president at a Butler, Pennsylvania, rally. The Permanent Mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran has called the claims “unsubstantiated and malicious.” During a joint hearing on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, the FBI’s deputy director Paul Abbate said that officials are “not ruling anything out,” regarding Iran’s possible involvement. “We have no information that there are any co-conspirators, foreign or domestic, including Iran, related to this, but we’re not — I want to be clear — we have no evidence of that,” Abbate explained. “We’re not ruling anything out. We’re looking into all possibilities and leaving our minds open to that.” CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP Fox News Digital reached out to the White House for comment. Fox News Digital’s Greg Norman contributed to this report.
Israel subjecting Palestinian detainees to torture and abuse: UN report

The report says ‘thousands’ of Palestinians detained arbitrarily by Israel during the war in Gaza. Israel has detained thousands of Palestinians during the war in Gaza and stands accused of numerous cases of torture, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights says in a new report. The 23-page report, released on Wednesday, noted allegations of widespread abuse of prisoners being held incommunicado in arbitrary, prolonged detention. It was published during a tense standoff in Israel as far-right politicians and demonstrators opposed an investigation into alleged sexual abuse of detainees by soldiers. Based primarily on interviews with released detainees and other victims from October 7 to June 30, the UN report found that since the war began, “thousands of Palestinians” including medical staff, have been “taken from Gaza to Israel, usually shackled and blindfolded”. As of the end of June, Israel’s prison service held more than 9,400 “security detainees”, the report said, adding that those detained have been “held in secret, without being given a reason for their detention” and without a lawyer. “At least 53 Palestinian detainees” are known to have died in Israeli detention facilities, it said. It also detailed “allegations of torture and other forms of cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, including sexual abuse of women and men”. ‘Violation’ The report was released during an investigation by the Israeli army, which is questioning nine soldiers over allegations of “substantial abuse” of a Palestinian detainee at the Sde Teiman detention camp in the Negev desert in southern Israel. Last week, eight Palestinian prisoners who were released by the Israeli army said they experienced torture during their time in Ofer Prison in the occupied West Bank. Former Palestinian detainees told the UN that they were held in “cage-like facilities, stripped naked for prolonged periods, wearing only diapers”. The documented abuse included food, sleep and water deprivation and being burned with cigarettes. “Some detainees said dogs were released on them, and others said they were subjected to waterboarding, or that their hands were tied and they were suspended from the ceiling. Some women and men also spoke of sexual and gender-based violence,” the report said. Palestinian detainees held in Israel are mostly men and boys who are residents, doctors or patients as well as captured Palestinian fighters, it added. UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Turk said the testimonies gathered by his office and “other entities indicate a range of appalling acts … in flagrant violation of international human rights law and international humanitarian law”. The Israeli military rarely explains its reasons for detaining Palestinians in Gaza although it some cases it has alleged affiliation with Palestinian armed groups or their political wings, the report added. Israel also fails to provide information regarding the fate of detainees while the Red Cross has been denied access to prisons and other facilities. Adblock test (Why?)
Ukraine says it has repelled massive Russian drone attack

Russia launches one of the biggest aerial barrages in months but Ukraine says no critical infrastructure hit. Ukraine’s air force says it has repelled one of the largest aerial barrages launched by Russia on its territory in months. The air force said on Wednesday that it shot down all the incoming projectiles – 89 drones and one missile – launched by Russia overnight, the attack mainly targeting the central region of Kyiv. Kyiv’s military administration said more than 40 of the drones were downed over the capital, Kyiv, and its outskirts. There was some damage to buildings as a result of falling debris, but no casualties were reported. “Today Ukrainian air defence withstood and repelled a massive attack by enemy drones,” the air force said in a statement, identifying them as “Shahed-131/136 strike drones”. Kyiv and most of central and eastern Ukraine were under air raid alerts from 20:00 GMT on Tuesday. Serhiy Popko, the head of Kyiv’s military administration, said the latest drone attack was the seventh conducted against the city in July. About 11,500 residents sheltered for safety in metro stations overnight as the drones came in several waves from “all possible directions”, the city authorities said. Russia fires drones and missiles at Ukraine on an almost nightly basis. It says it is targeting military and energy facilities, but attacks on residential areas are frequent. Ukraine accuses Russia of directly targeting civilians, which Moscow denies. Nuclear drills Russia’s Ministry of Defence on Wednesday announced that the country has begun the third stage of drills to practise the deployment of tactical nuclear weapons. Russia held the first stage of the drills in May and ally Belarus joined the second stage in June. Since sending thousands of troops into Ukraine in February 2022, President Vladimir Putin has repeatedly said Russia could use nuclear weapons to defend itself in extreme situations. Russia says the United States and its European allies are pushing the world to the brink of nuclear confrontation by giving Ukraine billions of dollars worth of weapons, some of which are being launched into Russian territory. The deputy spokesman for Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Andrei Nastasin, said on Wednesday that an ammunition factory being built by German arms manufacturer Rheinmetall in Ukraine would be considered a “legitimate target” for the Russian military. Ukraine’s military said on Wednesday that it had struck a weapons and military equipment storage facility in Russia’s Kursk region overnight. The Kursk region’s acting governor said on Telegram that air defences had destroyed four Ukrainian missiles over two districts. Adblock test (Why?)