Texas Weekly Online

Anti-Trump ex-husband of president’s 2016 campaign manager launches congressional bid as Democrat

Anti-Trump ex-husband of president’s 2016 campaign manager launches congressional bid as Democrat

A former conservative lawyer-turned-vocal critic of President Donald Trump is jumping into the crowded Democratic primary to replace retiring Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y. George Conway, who was previously married to Trump’s 2016 campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, filed to run in New York’s 12th Congressional District on Monday. The Manhattan-based district is considered a safe blue seat. Nadler, who served in Congress since 1992, announced in September of this year that he was stepping down amid pressure on older Democrats to make way for a new generation. WHITE HOUSE HITS BACK AFTER JFK’S GRANDSON CALLS RFK JR A ‘RABID DOG’  Conway was once known in Washington, D.C., as one of the lawyers who worked on Paula Jones’ case when she sued then-President Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. He also championed conservative causes as a member of the Federalist Society, a right-wing law society. But in recent years, Conway has made a name for himself as a vehement Trump critic, even while his wife worked as a senior advisor in his White House. George and Kellyanne Conway announced their divorce in March 2023. Conway was also a founding member of the Lincoln Project, a Republican group that has taken out advertisements and championed causes in direct opposition to Trump. DESTINY OR DYNASTY: INSIDE THE NEW CLASS OF POLITICAL NEPO BABIES VYING FOR POWER A document on the Federal Election Commission (FEC) website shows that Conway registered a principal campaign committee on Monday based in New York City. What appears to be a campaign website listed on the form, GeorgeConwayForCongress.com, is not yet active as of early Monday afternoon. The registration also notes he is running in the Democratic primary, which is shaping up to be a crowded race.  At least 12 people have shown interest in the seat so far. Among the most prominent candidates is Jack Schlossberg, the 32-year-old grandson of John F. Kennedy. Cameron Kasky, an organizer for the anti-gun group March For Our Lives, is also one of the candidates alongside New York State Assembly members Micah Lasher and Alex Bores. ABC News legal analyst Jami Floyd and New York City council member Erik Bottcher have also filed to run. Fox News Digital reached out to the emails associated with Conway’s FEC filing for further comment but did not immediately hear back.

At least three killed in Israeli attack on southern Lebanon’s Sidon

At least three killed in Israeli attack on southern Lebanon’s Sidon

Deadly Israeli air strike is latest in Israel’s near-daily violations of 2024 ceasefire agreement with Hezbollah. At least three people have been killed in an Israeli attack near the southern Lebanese city of Sidon, the country’s National News Agency (NNA) is reporting, in the latest Israeli breach of a ceasefire agreement with Hezbollah. Lebanon’s Ministry of Health said on Monday that the three people were killed in an Israeli air strike on a vehicle on Quneitra Road in the southern Sidon district, according to NNA. Recommended Stories list of 4 itemsend of list The Israeli military said in a statement that it had targeted Hezbollah members in the Sidon area, without providing further details. The deadly strikes come a day after another Israeli attack on southern Lebanon on Sunday killed one person and wounded two others. The Israeli army said it killed a Hezbollah member in that attack. Israel has repeatedly violated the November 2024 ceasefire agreement with the Lebanese group, carrying out near-daily attacks across Lebanon, particularly in the south, that have drawn widespread condemnation. Between January and late November, Israeli forces carried out nearly 1,600 strikes across Lebanon, according to data compiled by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED). Late last month, the United Nations said at least 127 civilians had been killed in Israeli attacks on Lebanon since the ceasefire took effect, prompting a call from the United Nations human rights office for a “prompt and impartial” investigation. Delegations meet in southern Lebanon Israel’s attacks have continued despite the November 2024 ceasefire agreement, which includes provisions for Hezbollah’s disarmament in parts of southern Lebanon and the withdrawal of Israeli forces. Advertisement On Saturday, Prime Minister Nawaf Salam said Lebanon was close to completing the disarmament of Hezbollah in the area south of the Litani River. That is a key provision of UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which designates the zone between the Litani River and the Israeli border as an area where only the Lebanese army and UN peacekeepers are permitted to operate. Hezbollah has long rejected calls for full disarmament, saying its weapons are necessary to defend Lebanon against Israeli attacks and occupation. Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem has consistently said the group will end its military presence south of the Litani River in line with the ceasefire, but insists it will retain its weapons elsewhere in Lebanon. Under the 2024 ceasefire agreement, Israeli forces were also required to withdraw fully from southern Lebanon, south of the Litani River, by January. But Israeli troops have only partially pulled back and continue to maintain a military presence at five border outposts inside Lebanese territory. Hezbollah officials have previously said the group would not fully implement its commitments under the ceasefire while Israeli forces remain deployed in southern Lebanon. Meanwhile, a committee overseeing the ceasefire agreement continues to hold talks in southern Lebanon as Israel and the United States increase pressure on Hezbollah to disarm. Civilian and military delegations from Israel and Lebanon met in the southern town of Naqoura on Friday in closed-door discussions. Following the talks, Lebanese President Joseph Aoun met with diplomat Simon Karam, who has been appointed as Lebanon’s chief civilian negotiator. Hezbollah has been critical of the appointment of Karam, who has previously served as the ambassador of Lebanon to the US. In a statement, the Lebanese presidency said Aoun stressed that enabling tens of thousands of displaced Lebanese civilians to return to their villages and homes was “an entry point for addressing all other details” of the agreement. Aoun said the committee’s next meeting is scheduled for January 7. He also welcomed a separate diplomatic agreement reached in Paris between the US, France and Saudi Arabia to organise an international conference in early 2026 to support the Lebanese army and internal security forces. Adblock test (Why?)

Cambodia-Thailand fighting continues as ceasefire talks loom

Cambodia-Thailand fighting continues as ceasefire talks loom

NewsFeed Fighting between Cambodia and Thailand continues despite talks, with communities in Phnom Penh facing fear and economic anxiety, while life in Bangkok appears largely unaffected. Al Jazeera’s Assed Baig and Tony Cheng report on the contrasting realities on both sides of the border. Published On 22 Dec 202522 Dec 2025 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)

Texas town battles nonstop noise from bitcoin mine

Texas town battles nonstop noise from bitcoin mine

NewsFeed A rural Texas community says nonstop noise from a bitcoin mine is destroying their lives. Residents in Hood County describe the 24/7 hum of cooling fans as “torture,” while operators defend the project as a major jobs and tax boost. Al Jazeera’s Phil Lavelle says AI data centres may bring even bigger battles ahead. Published On 22 Dec 202522 Dec 2025 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)

Beyond the Throne: The King Who Built HAL

Beyond the Throne: The King Who Built HAL

India celebrates HAL’s Foundation Day on December 23, marking the birth of a company that transformed the nation’s aerospace capabilities. Founded in 1940, HAL’s journey began with the vision, courage, and patriotism of a young Maharaja, whose bold dream laid the foundation for one of India’s most i

Delhi environment minister issues warning to private firms defying 50% work-from-home rule, ‘In case of complaint we will…’

Delhi environment minister issues warning to private firms defying 50% work-from-home rule, ‘In case of complaint we will…’

Delhi’s air quality has deteriorated to ‘severe’ category which has prompted Delhi government to take emergency health and safety measures across the National Capital Region (NCR). From implementing GRAP IV, mandating 50% work from home, hybrid and online school to temporarily closing toll plazas on border areas, the authorities have gone all out on the growing pollution in Delhi.