House Democrat introduces impeachment articles against RFK Jr

A House Democrat filed articles of impeachment against Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Wednesday. Rep. Haley Stevens, D-Mich., announced the move on Wednesday, arguing Kennedy has failed in his role. Stevens had previously vowed to file the articles in September. “Today, I formally introduced articles of impeachment against Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. RFK Jr. has turned his back on science and the safety of the American people. Michiganders cannot take another day of his chaos,” she wrote in a statement posted on social media. HHS spokesman Andrew Nixon reacted to the impeachment effort in a statement to NBC News. NOEM TEASES ‘NEXT BIG ANNOUNCEMENT’ THAT MAY CHANGE AIRPORT SECURITY RULE “Secretary Kennedy remains focused on the work of improving Americans’ health and lowering costs, not on partisan political stunts,” Nixon said. The move comes just days after Stevens’ fellow Democrat, Rep. Shri Thanedar, D-Mich., filed articles of impeachment against War Secretary Pete Hegseth. NEW TSA PROGRAM LAUNCHED TO ELIMINATE DOUBLE SCREENINGS FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS Thanedar pointed to reports that Hegseth issued orders to “kill everybody” onboard a small vessel that was allegedly involved in drug trafficking. DUFFY URGES SENATE TO PASS BIG BEAUTIFUL BILL’S $12.5B AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEM FIX “Pete Hegseth has been using the United States military to extrajudicially assassinate people without evidence of any crime,” said Thanedar. “Former military attorneys have come out and asserted that his conduct constitutes war crimes. We cannot allow his reprehensible conduct to continue, which is why I have filed these articles to impeach him.” Both Michigan Democrats are facing hotly contested Democratic primaries for the upcoming 2026 elections. This is a developing story. Check back soon for updates.
Nancy Mace vows to ‘fight like hell’ to rename old Black Lives Matter Plaza for Charlie Kirk

FIRST ON FOX: A new bill could see part of the national capital renamed after slain conservative activist Charlie Kirk, introduced three months after his assassination. Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., is introducing legislation to rename the area that until recently had been known as Black Lives Matter Plaza, she first told Fox News Digital. “Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization that wants to defund the police and take your speech away,” Mace argued. “And what I want to do on the three-month anniversary of Charlie Kirk’s political assassination is celebrate him and the First Amendment and freedom of speech by renaming the plaza after him.” CONSERVATIVES FROM PASTORS TO SENATORS WISH CHARLIE KIRK A POSTHUMOUS HAPPY BIRTHDAY Black Lives Matter is a far-left activist group that gained traction after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis by a White police officer. It is not designated as a terrorist organization, but people on the right and even some Democrats have criticized it for going too far with calls to “defund the police,” while questions have also been raised in the past about how it spends its funding. A two-block area of Washington, D.C., was renamed Black Lives Matter Plaza by the city’s government in June 2020 amid nationwide protests over Floyd’s killing. It was marked by a massive mural depicting the words “Black Lives Matter” in the middle of the street. STATE REP’S BILL WOULD PUNISH COLLEGES FINANCIALLY IF THEY DON’T RENAME ROADS AFTER CHARLIE KIRK That was reversed in March of this year after pressure from Republicans, including President Donald Trump, amid a crackdown on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts across the country. Mace suggested she was not optimistic that her bill would get a House-wide vote but said she would “fight like hell” for it. It comes three months after Kirk was assassinated while speaking at a college free-speech event in Utah. Both Republicans and Democrats have condemned the killing as a tragedy and an attack on free speech. Prosecutors in Utah are seeking the death penalty against Tyler James Robinson, Kirk’s accused killer. Mace’s bill is one of several pieces of legislation introduced to memorialize Kirk in the wake of his death. “I think members of Congress have done their part, rank-and-file members. But there’s still more to do yet. And we need to make sure that we continue his legacy forever,” Mace said. A resolution honoring Kirk passed the House of Representatives in September with support from all Republicans and 95 Democrats. Fifty-eight Democrats voted against it, while another 38 voted “present.”
Homeland Security moves toward scrutinizing foreign tourists’ social media accounts before entry

The Department of Homeland Security is moving toward scrutinizing the recent social media histories of foreign travelers before allowing them to enter the United States. In a notice filed Tuesday in the Federal Register, U.S. Customs and Border Protection wrote, “In order to comply with the January 2025 Executive Order 14161 (Protecting the United States From Foreign Terrorists and Other National Security and Public Safety Threats), CBP is adding social media as a mandatory data element for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) application.” “The data element will require ESTA applicants to provide their social media from the last 5 years,” it added. Homeland Security describes ESTA as “an automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk.” TRUMP ADMINISTRATION REVOKES RECORD 85,000 VISAS IN SWEEPING IMMIGRATION CRACKDOWN TARGETING SAFETY THREATS The Visa Waiver Program currently allows citizens of designated countries — such as the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Japan — “to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa,” according to the DHS. Fox News Digital has reached out to Homeland Security for further comment. The notice said the American public has 60 days to comment on the CBP proposal. STATE DEPARTMENT YANKS VISAS FROM MEXICAN EXECUTIVES IN MIGRANT SMUGGLING CRACKDOWN The White House said in the executive order referenced in the Federal Register notice that, “It is the policy of the United States to protect its citizens from aliens who intend to commit terrorist attacks, threaten our national security, espouse hateful ideology, or otherwise exploit the immigration laws for malevolent purposes.” “To protect Americans, the United States must be vigilant during the visa-issuance process to ensure that those aliens approved for admission into the United States do not intend to harm Americans or our national interests,” read the order signed by President Donald Trump on Jan. 20, 2025. “More importantly, the United States must identify them before their admission or entry into the United States. And the United States must ensure that admitted aliens and aliens otherwise already present in the United States do not bear hostile attitudes toward its citizens, culture, government, institutions, or founding principles, and do not advocate for, aid, or support designated foreign terrorists and other threats to our national security,” it added.
Census 2027 to be conducted digitally, collect data via mobile app, minister Nityanand Rai shares details

Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai on Tuesday informed the Lok Sabha that the government has decided to conduct the 2027 Census through digital means, marking a major shift in the country’s data-collection process.
PM Modi hails Microsoft’s massive Rs 1.5 lakh crore investment: ‘Youth of India will…’

Microsoft chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Satya Nadella has announced the company will invest USD 17.5 billion in India to boost the country’s AI ecosystem, making it the firm’s largest investment in Asia ever.
Italy’s Deputy PM Antonio Tajani arrives in New Delhi for second India visit of 2025

As per a media advisory issued by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), he will meet External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar in New Delhi on Wednesday before proceeding to Mumbai for official engagements on Thursday.
BIG action against IndiGo amid mass flight cancellations, Aviation minister Ram Mohan Naidu orders 10% cut in…, says, ‘CEO was summoned…’

Civil Aviation Minister Ram Mohan Naidu said that IndiGo’s internal mismanagement has caused severe inconvenience to passengers. Due to this the government is taking necessary measures to bring the situation back to normalcy.
Bengaluru Weather Update December 10: City wakes up to chilly morning, set to witness cold wave, minimum temperature to drop by…; Check IMD forecast here

Bengaluru is set for foggy, chilly mornings on December 10, with temperatures dipping to 16 degrees and daytime highs around 28-29 degrees. IMD forecasts an even colder week, with minimum temperatures possibly falling to 12 degrees, which would be the city’s coldest December since 2016.
Who is Ajay Gupta? Close partner of Saurav, Gaurav Luthra, detained after Look-out notice over ‘Birch by Romeo’ nightclub fire

The Goa police on Tuesday detained Ajay Gupta, one of the four owners of ‘Birch by Romeo Lane’ nightclub, after a Look Out Circular (LOC) was issued against Gupta and another owner Surinder Kumar Khosla.
TribCast: The 2026 Texas primary slate is set

With the candidate filing deadline behind us, TribCast digs into the musical chairs that awaits voters in 2026