Texas Weekly Online

Top parental rights group targets key policy that could quickly score Trump administration a victory

Top parental rights group targets key policy that could quickly score Trump administration a victory

FIRST ON FOX: A top parental rights group is urging President Donald Trump to take more steps to improve healthcare pricing transparency, an issue the Trump administration says Joe Biden’s administration failed to adequately address.  The American Parents Coalition, which previously made headlines for its advocacy on behalf of parents regarding gender identity issues, sent a letter to President Trump, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Department of Treasury and the Department of Labor on Tuesday thanking them for the work they have done so far on improving healthcare pricing transparency and urging them to do more.  “There is still much work to be done on this front,” the letter to Trump insisted. “Healthcare shouldn’t be a gamble for parents, and we shouldn’t have to fight for transparency when our full focus should be on our children’s health.  “With clear, detailed, and accurate price breakdowns before care, informed parents can do what they have always wanted: make the best decisions for their children’s wellbeing, without sacrificing financial stability.” HOUSE GOP SEEKS OFF-RAMP TO SKY-HIGH HEALTH INSURANCE COSTS FOR MILLIONS OF AMERICANS One of the president’s first moves on this issue during his second term was a February executive order aimed at ramping up implementation and enforcement of existing transparency regulations for hospitals and health plans ushered in during his first term. According to the order, progress on price transparency “stalled” during the Biden administration, pointing out that price transparency data that was supposed to be posted was often incomplete or not even posted at all.  “After President Trump’s landmark price transparency regulations from his first term were left to languish by the inept Joe Biden, the second Trump administration is in full gear developing the most aggressive price transparency enforcement possible,” White House spokesperson Kush Desai told Fox News Digital. After the February executive directive, HHS and the Labor and Treasury departments jointly announced a package of actions to “strengthen healthcare price transparency.” Among those actions was a request for public input on how to better increase price transparency and updated federal guidance aimed at eliminating meaningless or redundant data while making cost information easier for people to understand and utilize. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) also released independent agency guidance directing hospitals and health plans to post “the actual prices of items and services, not estimates.” REPUBLICANS DIVIDED OVER WHETHER TO SALVAGE OBAMACARE — OR REPLACE IT — AHEAD OF SUBSIDY DEADLINE Since these actions early in Trump’s first term, the entire administration has continued to take steps to carry out the orders from Trump’s February executive order on price transparency, which built on similar initiatives from his first administration. One example is updating its federally operated repository with new resources to help hospitals comply with changes to hospital price transparency requirements. “President Trump already signed another price transparency executive order just over a month into his second term to fine noncompliant hospitals, and additional actions to advance this presidential priority are actively under review,” the White House noted.  According to the American Parents Coalition, which argued in its letter to President Trump that the financial uncertainty regarding healthcare costs “is crippling American families,” there is one policy prescription that could be a quick, yet monumental, win for families and parents. In its letter to Trump, the American Parents Coalition said that a new policy directed at insurance providers, requiring them to tell patients “exactly” what they will cover, what they will not and transparently sharing how much patients will have to pay out-of-pocket “could be quickly implemented to deliver another win for American families.” “Parents deserve to know the price of healthcare, just like when we shop for groceries or plan activities for our kids. Hidden healthcare costs make financial planning impossible and decisions difficult,” said American Parents Coalition Executive Director Alleigh Marré.  “Given the uncertainty of pricing when going to the doctor, parents may forgo medical care or opt out of appointments for themselves or their children, putting their health at risk. Thanks to President Trump and his Make America Healthy Again agenda, he is paving the way for families to have access to prices through healthcare price transparency, but there is more work to be done and we are urging the Trump Administration to continue implementing these transparency policies that will have huge impacts on parents.” As part of the coalition’s effort to continue pushing for greater price transparency within the healthcare system, it launched a new television advertisement that began airing Tuesday and a new website, ParentsNeedPrices.com.

Mamdani’s new safety advisor confessed serious pill addiction, turned to ex-NBA star for help

Mamdani’s new safety advisor confessed serious pill addiction, turned to ex-NBA star for help

New York City Mayor-elect Zohran Mamdani’s pick for his community safety transition team battled a spiraling pill addiction that she claims at one point hit as many as 20-30 pills a day. Activist Tamika Mallory, who will help shape public safety policy for the incoming mayor, revealed earlier this year that she struggled with a serious dependency on prescription drugs before entering rehab. She recounted her addiction while promoting her memoir, “I Lived to Tell the Story,” describing how she relied on the pills while holding a leadership position at the helm of national protest movements. Mallory also turned for help to former NBA All-Star Jayson Williams, who now works in recovery and trauma services. MAMDANI-APPOINTED NYC PROFESSOR WHO WROTE BOOK ON ENDING POLICING NOW TASKED WITH SHAPING COMMUNITY SAFETY In one interview on “The Breakfast Club,” she recalled calling Williams while pretending she was seeking guidance for a friend before he confronted her and urged her to get real help. “When I first contacted Jayson Williams, the NBA All-Star, you know, he is in the healing space after all the things we know he went through,” she said. “My first contact with him, I was kind of like, ‘Hey, my friend is going through something, what can you tell me?’ “He let me do that two times — two, three calls. By the third call, he was like, ‘Sis, I already know what it is. It’s all good’.” In another February appearance on “The Angie Martinez Show,” Mallory traced the beginnings of her addiction to stress, public pressure and a friend’s offer of Xanax. MAMDANI APPOINTS CONVICTED ARMED ROBBER TO PUBLIC SAFETY TRANSITION TEAM “I cut them in half and started taking them. And then, the next thing you know, I learned that Percocets were even better, and I started taking those,” Mallory described. “And then I was up to 20 to 30 pills a day. I was sitting at dinner with a group of girls one night, and this young lady, had she been through it. She was like, ‘You know, it’s a dark hole, and it doesn’t get lighter, it just gets worse. So, you should stop.’ “But, at that time, I was kind of like, Woo, I’m sleeping. I’m feeling a little better. And she’s like, ‘Actually, you’re not doing well at all.’” According to Mallory, the ability to function normally while using pills made the addiction especially dangerous. MAMDANI’S TOP INCOMING AIDE WAS ‘CHIEF ARCHITECT’ OF RADICAL PROPOSAL OVERHAULING NYPD “Pill addiction is real because it’s silent,” she told “The Breakfast Club,” noting that people can appear stable while “taking pills to numb themselves.” Mallory, a single mother whose son’s father was murdered in 2001, eventually entered rehab and told her story. “When I started to see how many people have the same experience, I knew it was time to release this story,” she said. Mallory’s new role with Mamdani comes through Until Freedom, the activist group she co-founded. MAMDANI REVEALS WHY HE APPOINTED CONVICTED ARMED ROBBER TO NYC TRANSITION TEAM The organization announced that Mallory, human rights lawyer Angelo Pinto and rapper-turned-activist Mysonne Linen will serve on the mayor-elect’s public safety and criminal justice transition teams. “This is a testament to our decades of work advocating on behalf of Black and brown communities and our expertise in gun violence prevention, legislative advocacy and criminal justice reform,” the group said on Instagram. “We are building something different.” Mallory, a Harlem native, has been a major figure in left-wing activism, often aligning with police abolition movements and once expressing hope that society could “one day abolish police.” She has also drawn scrutiny for her ties to Louis Farrakhan, the Women’s March antisemitism controversy, criticisms of the ADL and her anti-Israel remarks. Mallory has further faced criticism for comments about White women in politics and a social media post praising Fidel Castro. She rose to national prominence as a co-chair of the Women’s March, but after Mallory repeatedly praised Farrakhan, she left the role. Fox News Digital has reached out to Zohran Mamdani and Until Freedom for comment.

Israel bids farewell to Thai captive before remains return home

Israel bids farewell to Thai captive before remains return home

NewsFeed Israel held a memorial ceremony for Sudthisak Rinthalak, a Thai agricultural worker taken captive during the Hamas-led attack in October 2023. His remains were recovered by Hamas last week and are now being sent home to Thailand. Published On 9 Dec 20259 Dec 2025 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)

Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah a transfer target for Saudi Arabia

Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah a transfer target for Saudi Arabia

Egypt international Mohamed Salah is attracting interest from the Saudi Pro League amid doubt about Liverpool future. Published On 9 Dec 20259 Dec 2025 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Saudi Arabia says it will do “whatever it can” to recruit unsettled Liverpool star Mohamed Salah during the winter transfer window, a source at the kingdom’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) has revealed. “We follow Salah’s position thoroughly and believe there can be a move either by loan or buying his contract,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity on Tuesday, referring to the standoff between the Egyptian and Liverpool. Recommended Stories list of 4 itemsend of list “There is still no direct negotiations or talks with the club at the moment but there will be a move at the right moment.” The PIF source said the wealthy Gulf monarchy wanted to sign the Egyptian winger in January, during the next transfer window, to join stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo in Saudi Arabia. PIF holds a 75 percent share in Al-Hilal, Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli and Al-Ittihad, but the source said it was not alone in wanting the Arab world’s biggest football star. “There is a competition inside the Saudi league who will bring Salah,” the source said, adding that a club affiliated with Saudi Arabia’s state-owned oil and gas company was also interested. “Aramco’s Al Qadsiah has shown an interest, too. So it’s not only the PIF-affiliated clubs.” Ronaldo plays for Al-Nassr, Salah’s former Liverpool teammate, Darwin Nunez, is at Al-Hillal, another former Premier League player of the season, N’Golo Kante, is at Al-Ittihad, but Salah is the biggest football star from an Arab country. Salah said, after he was an unused substitute in the 3-3 draw with Leeds on Sunday, that he felt like he had been “thrown under the bus” by Liverpool and no longer had a relationship with manager Arne Slot. Advertisement The 33-year-old Egypt forward was then left out of Liverpool’s squad for their Champions League tie at Inter Milan on Tuesday. Salah has played a key role in Liverpool’s two Premier League titles and one Champions League triumph during his iconic spell on Merseyside. He signed a contract extension in April as he led Liverpool to the title. Salah is set to depart for the Africa Cup of Nations after next weekend’s home match against Brighton in the Premier League. He hinted that the Brighton game could be his last with the Reds before leaving during the winter transfer window. In 2024-25, Salah scored 29 goals and provided 18 assists last season, but he has been a shadow of his former self during Liverpool’s struggles this season — the title-holders are 10th in the table — with just four goals in 13 top-flight appearances. “All players have their ups and downs. Salah is just 33 and has a lot to do here,” said the PIF source. “Salah is a beloved footballer around the globe and will have a massive impact on the Saudi League both on and off the pitch.” Adblock test (Why?)

Mohamed Salah fans at Arab Cup react to his Liverpool benching

Mohamed Salah fans at Arab Cup react to his Liverpool benching

NewsFeed “I hope he continues at Liverpool and Arne Slot gets sacked.” Mohamed Salah fans at the Arab Cup told Al Jazeera’s Rylee Carlson he has done a lot for his club and shouldn’t be sidelined. Salah had said he felt disrespected after being benched in several games, prompting a backlash from Liverpool management. Published On 9 Dec 20259 Dec 2025 Click here to share on social media share2 Share Adblock test (Why?)

Samajwadi party supremo Akhilesh Yadav’s BIG demand for BLOs who lost life during SIR, says, ‘Rs 1 crore, govt job for families…’

Samajwadi party supremo Akhilesh Yadav’s BIG demand for BLOs who lost life during SIR, says, ‘Rs 1 crore, govt job for families…’

Samajwadi Party leader and Lok Sabha MP Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday raised concerns in Parliament over the deaths of Booth Level Officers (BLOs) engaged in the ongoing Special Intensive Revision (SIR) of electoral rolls in Uttar Pradesh, urging the Centre to extend financial and institutional support to their families. He also reiterated his party’s long-standing demand for ballot papers in elections, arguing that multiple questions continue to be raised about electronic voting systems.