Texas Weekly Online

Trump highlights comments by ‘Obama sycophant’ Eric Holder, continues pressing Senate GOP to nix filibuster

Trump highlights comments by ‘Obama sycophant’ Eric Holder, continues pressing Senate GOP to nix filibuster

President Donald Trump is continuing to advocate for the Senate GOP to nix the filibuster. In a Monday Truth Social post, the president shared a video featuring clips of former Attorney General Eric Holder, who opined that if Democrats win a “trifecta” in the 2028 elections, the prospect of expanding the Supreme Court should be under consideration.  Holder made the comment while speaking with Ben Meiselas, co-founder of MeidasTouch, which posted the video last month. SENATOR RON JOHNSON WARNS GOP WILL BE IN ‘BIG TROUBLE’ IF PARTY IGNORES DEMOCRATS’ PLAN TO ‘NUKE’ FILIBUSTER In the Monday Truth Social post, Trump referred to Holder, who served under Democratic President Barack Obama, as an “Obama sycophant” and said that “Eric Holder (known as ‘FAST AND FURIOUS’) just gave a Speech where he emphatically stated, above all else, that Democrats will PACK the Supreme Court of the United States if they get the chance. The word is, he wants 21 Radical Left Activist Judges, not being satisfied with the heretofore 15 that they were seeking.” Trump suggested that eliminating the filibuster would enable Republicans to win in the 2026 midterm elections and the 2028 White House contest. FORMER ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER CALLS ON DEMOCRATS TO FOCUS ON SUPREME COURT EXPANSION, TERM LIMITS “It will be 21, they will destroy our Constitution, and there’s not a thing that the Republicans can do about it unless we TERMINATE THE FILIBUSTER, which will lead to an easy WIN of the Midterms, and an even easier WIN in the Presidential Election of 2028,” he asserted. JOHN FETTERMAN RIPS JAMES CARVILLE OVER COURT-PACKING PLAN, TELLS DEMOCRATS TO ‘WIN MORE ELECTIONS’ CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP “Why would the Republicans even think about giving them this opportunity? The American People don’t want gridlock, they want their Leaders to GET THINGS DONE — TERMINATE THE FILIBUSTER, AND HAVE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL FOUR YEARS IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY, BY FAR, WITH NOT EVEN THE HINT OF A SHUTDOWN OF OUR GREAT NATION ON JANUARY 30TH!” Trump declared in the post.

US escalation with Maduro halts deportation flights to Venezuela

US escalation with Maduro halts deportation flights to Venezuela

Recent U.S. military escalations involving Venezuela have halted flights carrying unlawful migrants from the United States back to the South American country, Venezuela’s foreign ministry said, prompting criticism from anti-intervention voices. President Donald Trump warned pilots Saturday that the airspace “above and surrounding” Venezuela should be “closed in its entirety” as his administration weighs potential strikes on targets in and around Caracas. “Through this action, the United States government has unilaterally suspended the Venezuelan migrant flights that were being carried out regularly and weekly as part of the repatriation of Venezuelans through the Plan Vuelta a la Patria (Return to the Homeland Plan),” the ministry said in a statement. The deportation flights had been one of the only areas of cooperation between Washington and the government of Nicolás Maduro. Venezuelan officials say nearly 14,000 nationals have been returned on twice-weekly charter flights in recent months. VENEZUELA AGREES TO RESUME DEPORTATION FLIGHTS IN RESPONSE TO PRESSURE FROM TRUMP At the same time, the Trump administration has continued moving forward with plans to end temporary protected status for roughly 600,000 Venezuelans living in the United States. “Genius. Enough with this immigration enforcement nonsense. Let’s get back to True MAGA — neocon wars that exacerbate and cause migration crises. About darn time,” said Curt Mills, executive editor of The American Conservative, criticizing the shift toward military action. So far, U.S. strikes have targeted alleged narco-traffickers operating in the Caribbean near Venezuela. But officials have signaled that operations could expand to land-based targets as Washington increases pressure on Maduro to relinquish power. VENEZUELA WILL FACE ‘SEVERE, AND ESCALATING SANCTIONS’ IF IT DOESN’T ACCEPT ITS CITIZENS, RUBIO SAYS Dozens of U.S. bombers have deployed to the region alongside the world’s largest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, underscoring the scale of the buildup. With U.S. bombers and the Ford already positioned in the region, much of the world is waiting to see whether Trump will green-light the next phase of strikes against Venezuelan targets. Trump confirmed he spoke with Maduro by phone recently.  “I wouldn’t say it went well or badly. It was a phone call,” he told reporters aboard Air Force One Sunday.  Trump presented Maduro with an ultimatum — step down or face potential U.S. military action. Maduro, the Miami Herald reported, sought global amnesty for himself, demanded to retain control of the military and resisted an immediate exit from power. Restraint-minded foreign policy analysts have sounded the alarm against a regime-change-driven intervention in Venezuela, arguing such a move could make migration patterns worse.  “Escalatory dynamics could trigger regional instability and hostility, with migration flows among the most predictable consequences,” a report by Stimson Center analysts Evan Cooper and Alessandro Perri claimed. “Absent a credible transition structure inside Venezuela, external pressure is far more likely to deepen chaos — driving more Venezuelans to flee — than to produce political change.” Analysts in the libertarian foreign-policy space have issued similar warnings.  Doug Bandow, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, argued that “U.S. militarized pressure on Venezuela is far more likely to worsen instability than to produce meaningful political change,” adding that history shows “coercion in Venezuela leads to unpredictable outcomes and episodes of mass flight.”  “Escalation without a stable political alternative inside Venezuela risks accelerating the very migration pressures Washington is trying to contain,” said George A. López, a senior analyst at the Quincy Institute. 

DHS reveals Illegal alien behind fatal crash was given license by deep blue state

DHS reveals Illegal alien behind fatal crash was given license by deep blue state

An illegal alien allegedly responsible for a fatal crash that killed two in Oregon was given a commercial driver’s license by California under Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, according to the Department of Homeland Security. In a Monday statement, the agency also said that the illegal, Indian national Rajinder Kumar, who is accused of criminally negligent homicide and reckless endangerment, was let into the country and given work authorization by the Biden administration. Kumar, 32, jackknifed his semi-truck and trailer, blocking both lanes of U.S. Highway 20 around 9:30 p.m. on Nov. 24 in Deschutes County, Oregon, according to Fox 12 Oregon. A Subaru Outback collided with Kumar’s semi-truck, killing both the driver, William Micah Carter, and the passenger, Jennifer Lynn Lower, according to DHS. DHS said that ICE has lodged a detainer for Kumar’s arrest. He is currently being held at the Deschutes County jail pending. The agency said that “since Oregon is a sanctuary state, ICE will make all necessary efforts to bring Kumar into custody should he be released from custody.” ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ALLEGEDLY CAUSES FATAL SEMI-TRUCK CRASH ON HIGHWAY, KILLING DRIVER: OFFICIALS According to DHS, Kumar entered the U.S. illegally near Lukeville, Arizona, in November 2022. The agency said he was released into the country by the Biden administration, after which he was also issued a work authorization by the administration in 2023 and issued a commercial driver’s license from California. This continues a spate of several high-profile auto accidents involving illegal aliens issued driver’s licenses by sanctuary states. In August, another illegal immigrant driving a semi-truck, named Harjinder Singh, also from India, made an illegal U-turn on the Florida Turnpike. The maneuver resulted in a minivan crashing into the truck, killing the driver and two passengers. MIGRANT TEENAGERS CHARGED IN FATAL STABBING OF HOMELESS MAN IN CHICAGO ICE also lodged an arrest detainer against Singh, following his arrest for three counts of vehicular homicide. DHS said that in August, ICE arrested another criminal illegal alien, Partap Singh, who it said caused a multi-car pileup while driving a commercial semi-truck in California, which left 5-year-old Dalilah Coleman with critical, life-altering injuries. In October, ICE lodged a detainer for Jashanpreet Singh, who DHS said killed three people in California while driving a semitruck under the influence. RADICAL ‘FEMINIST’ GROUP IN THE HOT SEAT AFTER ANTI-ICE AD GOES VIRAL: ‘BEYOND EVIL’ Regarding the November crash involving Kumar, DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said, “Our prayers are with William and Jennifer’s families.” “Rajinder Kumar, a criminal illegal alien from India, was released into our country under the Biden administration and issued a commercial driver’s license by Gavin Newsom’s Department of Motor Vehicles. How many more senseless tragedies must take place before sanctuary politicians stop allowing illegal aliens to dangerously operate semi-trucks on America’s roads?” said McLaughlin. “Under Secretary Noem, ICE will continue its efforts to get illegal alien truck drivers off America’s highways.” Fox News Digital reached out to Newsom’s office, the California Department of Motor Vehicles and former President Joe Biden for comment but did not immediately receive statements in response.