Why has Sonia Gandhi been hospitalised? Hospital shares health update

A decision regarding her discharge will be taken by the treating physicians based on her clinical progress and is likely within the next day or two, the hospital said.
Chennai Metro: 9km long Porur to Poonamallee Bypass on Phase-2 stretch to begin January 2026 with dine, shopping options, check route

Chennai Metro’s Phase-2 project, part of Corridor 4 that will connect Porur to Poonamallee Bypass, will start operations in January. Chennai Metro Rail Limited has been working to make the metro station a world-class facility as it will include options for shopping, dining, multi-level parking.
‘Will Trump Kidnap PM Modi?’ THIS leader asks after US military captured Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro

After Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro’s capture, Congress leader Prithviraj Chavan asked if Trump could “kidnap PM Modi,” linking it to US tariffs on India. The remark sparked massive social media backlash.
What’s happening in JNU: Protests, controversy over anti-Modi, anti-Amit Shah remarks, all about Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam case

Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi has again come under radar for “inflammatory” remarks against PM Narendra Modi and Amit Shah. This aggressive act originated from the frustration and anger over the denial of bail to Umar Khalid and Sharjeel Imam in the 2020 Delhi riots conspiracy case in SC.
Here’s your Texas 2026 March primary ballot

The primary will take place on March 3. See the full list of statewide candidates, as well as who will be on your ballot.
In this East Texas county, you need a membership to drink at a bar. That may soon change.

Texas cities and counties largely control when and where liquor can be sold. Just three counties are totally dry.
Texas teachers union sues state education agency for investigating social media posts about Charlie Kirk

The Texas Education Agency received hundreds of complaints about educators’ online reactions to the conservative activist’s death.
Trump says first lady ‘hates when I do this’ in public — the moment he can’t help repeating

President Donald Trump said Tuesday in an address before Republican lawmakers that first lady Melania Trump is no fan of when he dances in public, calling it “not presidential.” “My wife hates when I do this,” Trump said Tuesday at the Kennedy Center during an address at the House GOP Member Retreat. “She’s a very classy person, right? She said, ‘It’s so unpresidential.’ I said, ‘but I did become president.’ … She hates when I dance. I said, ‘Everybody wants me to dance.’” ‘”Darling, it’s not presidential,” he continued of what the first lady tells him. Trump dancing became a hallmark of 2024 campaign rallies, with Trump routinely kicking off and ending public events by dancing, frequently while the Village People’s “Y.M.C.A” or Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the U.S.A.” blasted in the background. The signature dance typically includes Trump making a fist and shimmying his arms back and forth while pointing to people in the crowd. MADURO’S WIFE SUFFERED ‘SIGNIFICANT INJURIES’ IN DRAMATIC CAPTURE, ATTORNEY ALLEGES The president has previously mentioned the first lady did not approve of his rally dancing, recounting to crowds of supporters in 2023 in Iowa that: “She said, ‘Darling, I love you, I love you, but this is not presidential. You don’t dance off the stage. This is not presidential.’” Trump continued Tuesday that the first lady had pressed him that past presidents did not dance solo on political stages, pointing to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt as an example of how presidents should conduct themselves. “She actually said, ‘Could you imagine FDR dancing,’” he continued. “She said that to me.” “And I said, ‘There’s a long history that perhaps she doesn’t know because he was an elegant fellow, even as a Democrat.” TRUMP RALLIES HOUSE GOP AT KENNEDY CENTER DAYS AFTER MADURO CAPTURE “He was quite elegant, but he wouldn’t be doing this. But nor would too many others. But she said, ‘Darling, please, the weightlifting is terrible.’ And I have to say this, the dancing, they really like,” Trump said of supporters who enjoy his rally dance routines. “She said, ‘They don’t like it. They’re just being nice to you,’” Trump recounted. “‘I said, that’s not right,” he continued. Trump’s comments on the first lady’s dislike of his dancing came amid him impersonating weightlifters while discussing biological males competing against biological females. Trump has said in public before that Melania Trump does not approve of him imitating weightlifters, as well as dancing during political events. TRUMP ISSUES DIRECT WARNING TO VENEZUELA’S NEW LEADER DELCY RODRÍGUEZ FOLLOWING MADURO CAPTURE Trump’s address before the group of Republican lawmakers follows a historic and busy weekend, when he confirmed the U.S. military carried out a successful strike in Venezuela and captured the nation’s dictatorial president, Nicolás Maduro, and his wife. The pair, as well as others entrenched in the regime, were charged with narco-terrorism conspiracy charges. The couple pleaded not guilty in a New York City court Monday and are being held in a prison in Brooklyn. Tuesday’s event, however, is more focused on the party’s agenda for the coming year, as lawmakers prepare for the wild midterm season that will pick up steam in the coming months. Trump capped off his address by clapping and dancing to the “Y.M.C.A.” as he walked off stage.
Texas Republicans in 2 counties drop push to hand-count ballots

Texas Republicans in two counties have dropped proposals to hand-count ballots in their upcoming March primary elections, backing away from the effort after determining it would be too costly and difficult to carry out while meeting federal election requirements. NBC News reported that the Dallas County Republican Party backed away from the proposal amid volunteer shortfalls and rising costs, while the Hays County Republican Party cited challenges related to federal voting requirements. The Dallas County Republican Party and Hays County Republican Party did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s requests for comment. Allen West, the GOP chairman of the Dallas County Republican Party, told NBC News that the party aimed to recruit more than 3,000 volunteers to hand-count ballots but ended up with only about 1,300 to 1,500. TRUMP ANNOUNCES HE’LL HELM MOVEMENT TO ELIMINATE MAIL-IN VOTING AND VOTING MACHINES: ‘FIGHT LIKE HELL’ West said the prospect of a long ballot compounded staffing worries and increased the risk of missing the state’s 24-hour deadline for counting votes. “It’s a second-degree misdemeanor if you’re not able to get those ballots counted on time and get them submitted, and we don’t want to put people in that position,” he told the outlet. West said funding the proposal presented another challenge, noting that while roughly $500,000 had already been raised, party leaders believed more money would be needed. TRUMP ADMINISTRATION STRIKES DEAL WITH OHIO TO CLEAN UP STATE VOTER ROLLS USING FEDERAL DATABASE He added that contributors would be offered refunds and the party could consider the hand-counting ballots proposal again in 2028. Hays County Republican officials said the effort was hindered by a lack of accessible voting machines at precincts and by delays in obtaining election data needed to organize and merge polling locations. “Proceeding without these elements would have placed our party and voters at significant legal, financial, and operational risk, and could have undermined the very integrity we have been striving to defend,” county party Chairwoman Michelle Lopez said in a Dec. 22 letter, according to NBC News.
From Congress, to VP nominee to disgraced former governor: A look at the rise and fall of Tim Walz

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has dropped his re-election bid this week in the wake of revelations of massive fraud that occurred under his watch — potentially ending the political career of a governor who came into office with consolidated support, accomplished several progressive goals, and shot to the national spotlight as a vice presidential candidate before being undone by scandal. The 61-year-old Walz was raised in rural Nebraska and enlisted in the Army National Guard in 1981, soon after graduating from high school. Walz returned to Nebraska to attend Chadron State College, where he graduated in 1989 with a degree in social science education. He taught English and American History in China for one year through a program at Harvard University before being hired in 1990 as a high school teacher and football and basketball coach in Nebraska. Six years later, he moved to Mankato, Minnesota, to teach geography at Mankato West High. Walz was deployed to Italy to support Operation Enduring Freedom in 2003 before retiring two years later from the National Guard. KLOBUCHAR WEIGHING RUN FOR MINNESOTA GOVERNOR AS WALZ ENDS RE-ELECTION BID AMID FRAUD SCANDAL Walz was elected to Congress in 2006 to represent Minnesota’s 1st Congressional District, defeating a 6-term Republican incumbent, and built a reputation as a centrist-to-moderate Democrat, especially on veterans’ issues, agriculture, and education while serving as a National Guard member in Congress. In March 2017, he announced a run for governor, leaving the Washington gridlock and emphasizing a “One Minnesota” message and took office in January 2019 with consolidated support from the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party. “Tim Walz rose at a moment of maximum political upheaval,” retired Minnesota State Patrol Lt. John Nagel, running for Congress as a Republican to unseat Minnesota Dem. Rep. Ilhan Omar, told Fox News Digital. “After the George Floyd protests, Democrats consolidated power in Minnesota, the media closed ranks, and Walz benefited from a narrative that treated him less as a governor subject to scrutiny and more as a symbol of progressive governance.” HOW FEARS OF BEING LABELED ‘RACIST’ HELPED ‘PROVIDE COVER’ FOR THE EXPLODING MINNESOTA FRAUD SCANDAL On social media in recent days, many have speculated that Walz being elevated to the presidential ticket alongside Kamala Harris brought a level of public scrutiny that ultimately contributed to his waning popularity. In August 2024, roughly two weeks after Harris stepped in to run for president after President Joe Biden withdrew himself from the race, Harris announced Walz as her running mate, touting his resume as a “governor, a coach, a teacher, and a veteran.” “He’s delivered for working families like his,” Harris said. Walz said in an interview earlier this year that Harris chose him, in part, because, “I could code talk to White guys watching football, fixing their truck” and “put them at ease.” He described himself as the “permission structure” for White men from rural America to vote for Democrats. Almost immediately, Walz was enveloped in scrutiny over his record and criticism for several high-profile gaffes, including stolen valor allegations and a claim he was present at the Tiananmen Square massacre that he was forced to walk back with the explanation that he is a “knucklehead at times.” Ultimately, many political pundits viewed Harris’ decision to pick Walz over other potential running mates like Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro as a misstep and Harris herself wrote in her book, “107 Days,” about her disappointment in Walz’s vice presidential debate performance, saying that being the “closer” and debating on such a large scale was “not a comfortable role” for Walz. During his time as governor, Walz notched several progressive victories, including signing a $2.3 billion education budget — the biggest in Minnesota’s history — funding expanded free meals for students, thousands of new pre-K seats, and increased mental health resources in schools. In 2023, Walz signed into law the Protect Reproductive Options Act, making Minnesota one of the most abortion-friendly states in the wake of the Supreme Court’s reversal of Roe v. Wade. Other legislation Walz signed into law included the Minnesota Voting Rights Act, a $2.6 billion bipartisan infrastructure package, and a paid leave law that Democrats had long pushed for. MEDIA ‘COMPLICITY’ BLAMED AS FEDS SAY MINNESOTA FRAUD CRISIS COULD REACH $9B: ‘SHOWN THEIR TRUE COLORS’ Walz launched his bid for a third four-year term as Minnesota governor in September, but in recent weeks has been facing a barrage of incoming political fire from President Donald Trump and Republicans, and some Democrats, over the large-scale theft in a state that has long prided itself on good governance. More than 90 people — most from Minnesota’s large Somali community — have been charged since 2022 in what has been described as the nation’s largest COVID-era scheme. How much money has been stolen through alleged money laundering operations involving fraudulent meal and housing programs, daycare centers, and Medicaid services is still being tabulated. But the U.S. attorney in Minnesota said the scope of the fraud could exceed $1 billion and rise to as high as $9 billion. “The fraud scandals shattered the image,” Nagel told Fox News Digital. “They weren’t just policy failures — they were failures of leadership and oversight. Once federal investigators stepped in and national media paid attention, the contrast between the narrative and the reality became impossible to ignore.” Fraud concerns in Minnesota had been an open secret in Minnesota for years, dating back to when Walz took office, but exploded in recent months to the national forefront, leading to calls from prominent Republicans for him to resign. “As I reflected on this moment with my family and my team over the holidays, I came to the conclusion that I can’t give a political campaign my all,” Walz wrote in a statement. “Every minute I spend defending my own political interests would be a minute I can’t spend defending the people of Minnesota against the criminals who prey on our generosity and the cynics who prey on our differences.” “So I’ve decided to